Shermco Industries Electrical Engineer, Power Systems in Houston (Beltway South), Texas
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER, POWER SYSTEMS
Join our exceptional team of Power Systems Engineers. Due to continued growth, we are seeking experienced Power Systems Engineers to work in our Houston (Pearland) office.
We offer the opportunity for you to develop and utilize a broad engineering skill set at an accelerated pace. Shermco is an ideal fit for smart, motivated engineers that want to continuously learn and solve complex problems. We don't sit in the office all day doing the same repetitive tasks; instead we work closely with our customers to provide unique engineering solutions not offered by traditional consulting or field-service firms. If you are bored with calculating feeder sizes or modifying the same design over-and-over again; or, if you are a field engineer looking to do more design and analysis, Shermco may be the place for you. Our engineers work in a dynamic environment where there are no limits on personal or professional growth.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Shermco is an exceptionally stable and profitable non-union company..
- Seven time recipient of Best Places to Work award by the Austin & Dallas Business Journals.
- SMU Cox School of Business Dallas 100 recipient.
- A family oriented company that values employees as vital assets.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- A growth oriented environment that is upbeat, good morale and team oriented.
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Heavily involved in the growth oriented Green Energy.
- No state income tax, if work and live in Texas; relocation available.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Work under a Professional Engineer (PE) to perform electrical engineering studies. We are looking for engineers that are willing to be hands on with our engineering and field service group.
- Provide engineering related design, analysis and studies for domestic and international projects.
- Perform power factor analysis and correction, harmonic modeling and analysis, and grounding analysis.
- Conduct short-circuit, protective device coordination and arc-flash studies.
- Interact with customers to gather critical information and review engineering plans.
- Design and troubleshoot protective relaying and controls.
- Occasionally work with our Field Services team on shut-down, startup and maintenance projects.
_Minimum Qualifications: _to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in power system design, system studies or field services.
- Willingness to be hands and work in the field alongside our field technicians.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English via verbal and written methods, and effectively communicate directly to customers and co-workers.
- Prefer educational focus in Power Systems studies.
- Prefer candidate who have passed the FE Exam.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license a plus, or working towards obtaining.
- Experience performing protective relay projects a plus.
- Experience in short-circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash and power quality studies a plus.
- Experience using SKM, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, or other power system modeling software a plus.
- Utility design experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for periodic domestic travel; international travel a plus and U.S. passport desired.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please