RELX Group Sr SW Engineer in Horsham, Pennsylvania
Sr SW Engineer
Location: Horsham, Pennsylvania, United States
The Reed Tech Sr. Software Engineer, as a member of an Agile team, participates in the design, analysis, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and documentation of complex software systems.
· Utilizes defined standard practices and procedures to design and define systems requirements for complex customer systems; creates software systems based on documented requirements.
· Analyzes existing complex systems to determine appropriate design strategies for maintaining and enhancing specified software systems.
· Assists in the testing, debugging, documenting and maintenance of application programs.
· Participates in the designing of subsystems and integration of total systems for complex projects following specifications and seeking advice from senior staff when necessary.
· Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
· May determine project requirements including interface, database and file structures, image and/or multimedia requirements, etc.
· May participate in the project review process to assess newly developed systems with project managers and/or customers.
· Communicates and interacts with project managers and/or customers and engineers from project inception to completion including status reporting and maintenance.
· Participates in the creation of detailed specifications through interaction with project managers, product owners, team members, and/or customers.
· Participates in all aspects of creating and supporting software systems, including analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, troubleshooting, enhancement and documentation.
· Provides immediate, including off-hour if necessary or scheduled, support to ensure proper and efficient operation of critical software related production processes.
· Diversify and improve skills to keep pace with advancing software related technologies.
· Performs other job related duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, an applicable field or equivalent.
· Minimum six years related experience in software development.
· Significant experience manipulating XML using XSLT and/or programmatic tools such as .NET LINQ 2 XML required
· Experience with regular expressions is required.
· Experience developing applications using C# required
· Experience using DTD (Document Type Definition) files to validate XML strongly preferred.
· Experience writing complex Xpath/XQuery queries strongly preferred.
· Experience with Perl is a strong plus
· Experience with Oracle (including PL/SQL) and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio version 2013 or greater.
· Experience with source control repositories (TFS preferred).
· Experience with Unit test framework, Test Driven Development preferred.
· Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, preferably using Agile methodologies.
· Ability to define, analyze and identify solutions to problems.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
· Ability to effectively present information to management and team members.
Reed Tech is a provider of best-in-class information-based solutions and services to meet the broad needs of the global IP market as well as key regulatory needs of the Life Sciences industry. Our customers include the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, IP driven companies, law firms, and a wide range of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers. The corporate culture is driven by a commitment to excellence, innovation and a strong dedication to its customers, employees and community. Reed Tech is a LexisNexis company.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact HR-Careers@lexisnexis.com