Jennie Stuart Medical Center, Inc. Wound Care CNA in Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Assist the nurse and physicians with patient care and documentation as required and in accordance to the established scope of practice for this position. Transport patients as needed to ancillary departments and/or for admission.
• Able to perform complete and accurate vital signs.
• Delivers age appropriate care.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills in prioritization of care.
• Provide safe environment.
• Includes patient caregiver, and disciplines.
• Demonstrates correct use and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Communicates evaluation to appropriate disciplines.
• Communicates concerns, assessment to the Primary Care provider and CVC manager.
• Provides healthcare at the best value without compromising patient care.
• Proper use of AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Expectation and Thank You).
• Be a good team player.
• High School Graduate or GED equivalent.
• Must be Certified Nurse Assistant from the state of Kentucky.
• BLS certification – American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider) or American Red Cross (Healthcare Provider) required, must be current.
Minimum Work Experience:
• Nursing Assistant experience preferred.
• Phlebotomy skills preferred.