Amentum Mechanic 3 Avionics in Holloman AFB, New Mexico
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Mechanic 3 Avionics in support of U.S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group (49MXG), 7th and 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) supplementing the 49th Component Maintenance Squadron (49 CMS), 49 Equipment Maintenance Squadron (49 EMS) and 49 Maintenance Group Staff to support flying training for the 49th Wing’s (49 FW) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM. This position offers a $2,500.00 sign on bonus.
Executes supervisory duties over Avionics and Electrical Technicians. Develops shift schedules, determines work priorities, and investigates safety and personnel issues. Operates avionic systems by using aircraft controls and displays to determine operational condition. Interprets equipment operating characteristics to isolate malfunctions in systems such as attack control, radar, infrared, laser, instruments, displays, flight control, communication, navigation, satellite communications, identification, defensive and offensive, and defensive or offensive electronic warfare systems. Uses technical data to trace wiring diagrams and signal data flow. Uses built-in test functions, support equipment, electronic measuring equipment, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), and hand tools. Removes and installs system components. Performs alignment, calibration, and boresight of avionic systems. Performs modifications. Uploads operational software into system components. Removes, installs, and performs operational checks of externally mounted electronic countermeasures equipment. Enters maintenance data into automated systems. Inspects, analyzes and evaluates avionic systems to determine operational status. Interprets inspection findings and determines adequacy of corrective action. Reviews maintenance management publications and procedures. Recommends methods to improve equipment performance and maintenance procedures.
Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
High school graduate or equivalent is required.
• Seven (7) years actual and recent, aircraft avionics systems experience and One (1) year of F-16 aircraft experience required.
• Must have completed military fixed wing avionics aviation training or possess an FAA issued A&P license.
• Must have knowledge of the scope and limitation of various categories of maintenance and their application to the contract unit.
• Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, technical orders, wiring and schematic diagrams.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate general as well as special-purpose vehicles.
• Must also be able to obtain a flight-line vehicle operator’s license.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
• Thorough knowledge of technical publications related to Avionics systems.
• SAP experience preferred.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
- Amentum Jobs