Fortive Corporation Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Hollister, California
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a key leadership role within Pacific Scientific EMC. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager provides the leadership and technical support for a team of engineers involved in the operational support efforts of the various manufacturing facilities within PSEMC. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will engage in a variety of projects including the execution of program budgets, schedules, and resource allocations, partners with Operations and Design Engineering on production issues (design and / or process problems, design reviews and failure analysis). The Manufacturing
Engineering Manager interfaces with customers through manufacturing process reviews and customer site meetings as well as mentors engineers and technical personnel in ordnance / pyrotechnics manufacture and new product development (NPD) methodology.
• Formulate and implement departmental short and long term plans consistent with company objectives.
• Develop and achieve department performance targets and improvements including process capability, productivity and first pass rates.
• Lead the manufacturing team to follow best engineering practices, company procedures and processes.
• Lead efforts in resolving issues with current production programs thru active participation in production team reviews, failure analysis and technical meetings.
• Conduct daily management and communicate performance results across the organization as required.
• Management of NPD activities related to bringing new products into production.
• Customer interface to support B&P, technical reviews, innovation, and relationships.
• Analyze production process problems and break them down into smaller functions.
• Identify critical paths and assign appropriate staff to achieve objectives.
• Drive execution and process discipline.
• Bachelor degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Masters of Science ME in Engineering preferred or MBA is a plus.
• Demonstrated competency in problem solving skills plus 10 years of experience as a manufacturing professional.
• 2-3 years previous supervisory experience a plus.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Pacific Scientific Energetic Materials Company (PacSci EMC), a Fortive Corporation (NYSE: FTV) operating company, makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, we provide leading-edge energetic materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, our associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every TimeTM. We enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators. For nearly a century, PacSci EMC’s experience and expertise has been relied upon in the times When Milliseconds MatterTM. For more information, go to www.psemc.com.
Pursuant to our subcontractor status on highly sensitive national security matters, Mechanical Assemblers and all other floor personnel who frequently shift cell assignments, as well as any personnel directly working with the following contract are subject to the following contractual provision: THAAD PRIME Flowdowns (H-Clauses) H-42 FOREIGN PERSONS, paragraph D., “All employees of all entities that make up the Contractor’s team, whether subcontractors, consultants, or anyone who works with or on behalf of the Contractor will be citizens of the U.S.” Accordingly, only U.S. citizens will be qualified to fill these roles. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
- Fortive Corporation Jobs