Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc. Customer Service Representative- Hauppauge, NY in Hauppauge, New York
Job ID: 251539
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative in Hauppauge (Long Island), NY.This position involvesservingcustomers by providing product and service information, resolving product and service problems, processing orders, and servingas an ambassador (customer advocate) between the customer and the company.
Our product is custom manufactured, and each order is different. This requires our CSRs to have excellent attention to detail. Our lead times are short, and the department is busy. In order to be successful, our CSRs must maintain composure and remain organized in a fast-paced work environment. Basic understanding of how to add and subtract fractions, using a calculator to calculate square footage, and the ability to identify basic geometric shapes is a job requirement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner. Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy and be an advocate for the customer
- Accurate data entry of phoned, faxed and e-mailed quotes and orders in accordance with cut off times and other time constraints that may exist. Communicate with customers to determine expected delivery date and time.
- Coordinate between sales and production to meet customer deadlines
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customers complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution
- Document customer interactions and transactions
- Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products, and services of the organization
- Assist to all co-workers when needed
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely performtasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
To be considered for the position, the following conditions must be met:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1-year customer service experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Strong geometry and math skills. Ability to read and perform mathematical calculations and write measurements in number fractions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer experience and accuracy in alpha/numeric data entry
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- AS400 experience a plus
- Qualified candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- While this position is largely sedentary and conducted in an office setting, one must be comfortable in a plant environment as well
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity