U.S. Bank Technical Sales Consultant - multiple locations (West Coast preferred) in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
The Technical Sales Consultant (TSC) is a specialist focused on a specific set of treasury management products. This individual is a product and process subject matter expert, a seasoned sales professional, and a team player willing and able to provide nearly any level of sales support required and related to his/her assigned product(s). The TSC works closely with the assigned treasury management sales consultants, relationship managers, product managers, operations and implementation teams, and others, to engage local, regional, and national customers and prospects to advance the team’s sales efforts. For this position, the ideal candidate understands both sides of the payment and intuitively understands the need for payers to provide complete information with payment to enable the receiver to know what was paid and to post and relieve that liability, anticipating and managing exceptions through to complete reconciliation. Additional responsibilities include:
• Maintains expert status and remains current with internal and external developments and innovations for supported technical products;
• Joins in customer sales calls;
• Assesses and validates client’s business needs (i.e. current process and future desired process);
• Conducts product/solution demonstrations via webinars and in-person meetings;
• Develops complete customer solution recommendation(s) for supported product(s);
• Presents the solution and closes or assists in closing the deal;
• Communicates customer requirements to implementation team, technology/operations groups, and product management, as required;
• Provides detailed hand-off of requirements to implementation team;
• Participates in implementation kickoff meetings to ensure a smooth transition and a detailed understanding of the sale is gained by the implementation team;
• As needed, actively works with customers and product management to identify potential product enhancements and advances new product ideas;
• Supports sales events and trade shows; and
• Complies with the U.S. Bank Code of Ethics and all Anti-Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, information security and suspicious activity reporting requirements, policies, and procedures.
Candidates located on the West Coast are highly preferred (those who reside and serve the Pacific Standard Time zone).
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Ten or more years of related experience, preferably in selling multiple, complex integrated solutions to a variety of customers
• Business-related bachelor’s degree
• Highly-refined skills in speaking, writing, and presenting complex technical concepts and information
• Confident and capable assessing customer needs with active dialogue, listening, and analytical acumen
• Capable of working effectively with product and relationship managers, as well as senior executives, to develop complete customer solutions
• Expert knowledge of receivables (AR) and disbursement (AP) processes, exception handling, and treasury management products and solutions
• Business-level understanding of accounting, cash management, and working capital needs
• Familiarity with corporate ERP systems
• Experience in demonstrating complex software- or browser-based solutions
• Proficient in Webex, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Comfortable discussing data file standards, file format, field mapping, and transmissions related to disbursements and remittance processing
• Proficient in solution-based consultative selling
• Experienced in corporate and commercial treasury management sales
• Specific experience and expertise with treasury management disbursement/payables services including:
o Transmission/file-based payments
o EDI/data translation solutions
o Traditional payment channels - check, ACH, wire
o Emerging payment solutions - Zelle, RTP, Visa Direct Send, etc.
o APIs (Application Programming Interface)
o Traditional, merged, multi-type (consolidated / concatenated) payment file options
o ISO 20022, XML, ANSI X12, etc.
• Residence and ability to support the West Coast
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190038984
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- U.S. Bank Jobs