Pearson Field Escalation specialist - 12 month Fixed Term Contract in Harlow, United Kingdom
Field Escalation specialist - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This role acts as the main escalation interface between C&G Sales and the C&G customer service and operation delivery teams to ensure “approved escalations” are managed, as a high priority through to resolution.
The delivery of a dedicated channel for field staff to escalate urgent and critical customer requests which are “on hold” due to a process or system failure.
Deal with escalations from all 1st line BPO teams/local CS teams and support them to resolve issues
Develop and Implement a quality management process to ensure all team members process and policy knowledge are up to expected standards.
Assist with signing off all process documents and implement a document control process to ensure all documents are kept up to date.
Take ownership of escalations from customers and other areas of the business and see it through to resolution.
As well as providing resolutions you will be required to understanding root cause, providing solutions and workarounds and work with other areas of the business to submit changes request to fix the root cause.
Key responsibilities : The Field Escalation Specialist will:
● Act as the first point of contact for escalations from Sales teams across C&G markets to progress “UK Resource order management requests” that have already gone through the recommended routes for processing/resolution but have been delayed due to a system or process failure.
● Review, assess and evaluate requests in accordance with agreed criteria to ensure they qualify for tactical intervention by Field Escalation Team.
● Partner with subject matter experts to conduct a thorough investigation of issues reported via Sales escalation process
● Work collaboratively with the Business Process Owners across C&G Operations, Finance and CSS to design and create urgent action plans to ensure the successful processing and fulfilment of orders and resolution of order related customer requests.
● Work across global process owners to agree appropriate timeframes to reflect the urgency and unblock any issues in a timely manner with follow up actions agreed to ensure swift completion
● Be the first point of escalation for all 1st line customer service teams and ensure relevance, quality and accuracy of agreed interventions by conducting end-user testing and validation across all BPO teams/local CS teams.
● Participate in regular quality monitoring forums with the BPO teams/local CS teams and support, brief / train 1st line teams where required.
● Project management of all stages of action planning and delivery (development, readiness, delivery, measurement)
● Provision of regular status updates throughout the day to all relevant stakeholders to ensure full visibility of progress being made (e.g. sending weekly status updates / challenges and root cause analysis).
● Meet regularly with programme leads across CS, Ops, Technology and Finance to understand how potential changes to processes and systems will affect the customer experience to ensure a proactive and preventative approach to issue resolution is adopted.
● Support other operational and continuous improvement initiatives as required (e.g understanding root cause and providing solutions and workarounds).
● Update DTP’s in the event there are changes, improvements or workarounds to a process.
● Take ownership to complete audit activity by liaising with 1st line teams when requested to do so for your region.
● Stand in for the manager for meeting and relevant customer operations activity that may be assigned to you.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Essential skills and characteristics
● Strong customer service experience
● Proven working experience in troubleshooting and project management capacity
● Proven ability to build consensus, establish trust, and communicate effectively
● Ability to manage stakeholders, often on a remote basis
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
● Experience of reviewing urgent escalations, developing action plans and communicating necessary improvements appropriately
● Ability to understand, interpret, prioritise and manage actions as a result of perceived revenue risk
● Demonstrable experience in working within an operations environment with a clear understanding of the principles of performance management and the ability to handle difficult conversations effectively
● Experience of contact centre technologies and leading practices
● Ability to balance conflicting feedback and find appropriate resolutions for issues which affect both the markets and the vendor(s)
● Ability to work under pressure and to agreed deadlines and SLA’s
● Ability to manage projects and continuous improvement initiatives
● Willingness to work remotely and with a relatively high level of autonomy
● Ability to work, taking into account different time zones and cultural differences whilst working to deliver a consistent customer experience
Desirable skills and characteristics
● Knowledge of Pearson products and / or related industry experience
● Ability to work on a multi-site
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park Hockham Way Kao Two Harlow CM17 9SR
Job: Customer Service
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2019
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1913450
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Pearson Jobs