Benson Industries, Inc. Regional Technical Representative in Greenwood Village, Colorado
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Regional Technical Representative who will install, provide training, troubleshoot problems, and provide support of complex Structural Engineering, CAD, and Business Management applications within the MiTek Software Suite at our customer locations. In addition the Regional Technical Representative acts as a liaison to the customer to provide software support and training, consultation to improve customer productivity and overall business operations using the MiTek software. Assistance shall include installation, system configuration, network interaction, feature usage, enhancement needs and system behavior
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Travel to customer sites to provide software training and provide support of complex Structural Engineering, CAD, and Business Management applications within the MiTek Software Suite. 73%
- Research unsolved open software issues and provide solutions to customers. 5%
- Research and resolve customer support lists submitted by customers. 5%
- Collaborate with Product Management and Software Development to ensure proper correction of defects and implementation of enhancements into the software. 5%
- Collaborate directly with Technical Documentation Group to ensure features are clear and completely documented. 2%
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems, and remedial actions taken, or installation activities with use of CRM and Test Track. 2%
- Submit Technical Visit reports providing a summary of the items covered during each customer visit. 3%
- Assist with development of training materials and procedures. 2%
- Confer with staff, users, and management to examine more critical issues with the MiTek software. 3%
- Accuracy: Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening: Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Technical Skills: Must have solid engineering/technical skills, including attention to detail. Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Safety: Must have an outstanding safety record and follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Monitor own work to ensure quality. Apply feedback to improve performance. Look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards without diminishing quality of work. Strive to increase productivity. Work at keeping waste down. Complete work in a timely manner.
- Dependability: Take responsibility for own action. Follow instructions, responds to management directions.
- Initiative: Readily volunteers. Undertake self-development activities. Seek increased responsibilities. Take independent action. Ask for and offer assistance whenever needed.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) or Two to four years related experience.
Effectively communicate with co-workers and management regarding work and safety issues.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Comprehend job training and safety instructions.
Familiarity with all MiTek proprietary software including, but not limited to, MiTek Suite, Engineering, Sapphire Structure, MBA. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and various networking environments. Knowledge of Terminal Server/Citrix environments, SQL and FoxPro databases along with query and report writing skills. AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
While performing the duties of this job, the operators may be exposed to the following; moving mechanical parts, moving product parts, vibration, moving forklifts, coolants, noise levels requiring hearing protection. Exposure to environment; heat and humidity, cold, wet conditions and outside weather conditions.
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.**
Tracking Code: 536-253
Job Location: Greenwood Village, Colorado, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular