Cardinal Health Associate II, Warehouse Operations (Full Time, Nights) in Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Description Summary
Sunday 7pm - 4:30am
Monday - Thursday 8:30 pm - 5:00 am or until task completion
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers
Accountabilities in this role
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building and wrapping pallets, packing, loading and preparing the orders for shipment.
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team member.
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience
- 1-2 years distribution warehouse, retail, or fast-food experience preferred
- Automated or RF (Radio Frequency) warehouse experience beneficial
- Ability to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (pallet jacks, cherry/order pickers, reach trucks, forklifts)
- Ability to work standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to be detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Fluent in the English language with the ability to read and write
- Ability to work in coordination with other team members to accomplish goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment while meeting established performance quotas and standards
- Must be flexible to work overtime as needed
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs