Cargill Quality Improvement Specialist in Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
Job Purpose and Impact
Location Manchester (M17 1PA)
The food safety and quality continuous improvement specialist will contribute to developing, implementing and sustaining food safety and quality improvements. They will identify value creation opportunities across multiple sites and work with the teams at the locations to ensure processes and improvements are aligned.
• Using information and data from various sources identify, monitor and implement quality and food safety improvements across multiple sites
• Implement standardisation and best practices across the sites
• Conduct investigations into non conformances to find root causes and identify improvements
• Develop systems for improving data capture and visualisation to aid the quality teams to identify opportunities
• Provide food safety and quality input to projects
• Bachelors/ Master’s degree in a quality assurance / food safety / science based subject or proven practical experience in place of a degree
• Demonstrated experience working in food safety/ quality assurance, in a food/ drinks, animal feed or chemicals manufacturing environment
• Strong knowledge of food safety/ HACCP and quality assurance
• A solution orientated working style (analytical, problem solving and decision making)
• Ability to work in a practical, hands-on environment across multiple sites
• Numerate and PC literate at intermediate level or above with Microsoft Office
• Respectful of other people but able to challenge constructively
• Ideally a continuous improvement qualification e.g. Lean Six Sigma Yellow/ Green Belt
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs