CVS Health Pharmacy Lead Technician in Glenolden, Pennsylvania
Health is everything. At CVS Health we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we’re helping people on their path to better health— from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we’re present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Lead Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our millions of patients every day.
Lead Technicians build upon the skills and responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician and are focused on being a role model, mentor and guide to the pharmacy team while supporting the Pharmacists. This position provides an opportunity, in a leading retail pharmacy setting, to excel in a complex, high impact patient focused role and to positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage pharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast- paced environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients while ensuring all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met. Pharmacy Technicians must demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Promotes a path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications; educates customers about CVS services and products appropriately positioning CVS as a partner in customers’ path to better health.
• Focuses on the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
• Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
• Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (i.e., Pick- Up, Drop-Off, Drive-Thru, Production) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
• Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
• Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with immediate and extended pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
• Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
• Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
• Assists Pharmacist with managing day-to-day activities and administration which may include daily and weekly reports as well as pharmacy scheduling.
• Coordinates/implements the training and development of support staff with field training team.
Willingly coaches, trains and mentors new colleagues to develop the team and share best practices. Provides support staff performance feedback to the Pharmacy Manager to contribute to their growth
• Leads with heart by setting an example of outstanding performance for his or her team. Remains flexible, provides coaching, is supportive and respectful while always striving to get better.
• Proactively takes on additional tasks and responsibilities, demonstrating a strong work ethic.
Identifies opportunities and shares insight on how to improve patient care and customer service.
• Provides training, acts as back up and provides mentoring and coaching to the Inventory Specialist.
-Please note in select markets the collective bargaining agreement rules regarding the Pharmacy Technician would apply.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Based on the role and location, this position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless you are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required on your first day of employment or within the first few months in the position, depending on the role and location. If you are considered for a role, more information will be provided during the hiring process.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• PTCB National Certification
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Licensure requirements vary by state
• Attention and Focuso The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
• Customer Service Orientationo Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner o Notice and understand customers’ reactions, and respond appropriately
• Communication Skillso Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues o Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Mathematical Reasoningo The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription
• Problem Resolutiono Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem o Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
• Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
• Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another
• Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm
• Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
• Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
• Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
• Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
• Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
• Visual Acuity:o The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
• Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; exerting up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
• Work 30 hours or greater per week
• Greater than 1 year experience as a CVS Pharmacy Technician
• Experience in Inventory Specialist role
• High School diploma or equivalent (preferred)
Bring your heart to CVS HealthEvery one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- CVS Health Jobs