The Walt Disney Company QA Engineer in Glendale, California
As a QA Engineer, you will be extensively involved in assuring quality with 100% coverage using agile practices like BDD (Behavior-driven development) / TDD (Test-driven development) and automation of test suites using frameworks like JBehaves, Selenium, etc. for the next generation of Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) websites.
Estimate/measure software performance
Estimate effort for architecture, design, development and test automation tasks.
Design & Planning
Understand the WDAT Architectural Vision and how it applies to WDAT business processes.
Planning / designing scalable software platforms
Design high availability solutions for production software
Architect, design and implement solutions for test automation and improve test coverage
Present technical issues and status to senior and executive management
Document system and framework architectures
Review project technical documentation
Write design/functional specifications
Evangelize best practices across a multi-discipline environment.
Act independently to determine methods & procedures on new assignments.
Develop and maintain technology standards.
Proactively provide guidance to multiple projects throughout the project team.
Proactively research and evaluate new technologies.
Serve as an escalation point for technical problems
• Software Design
• Project Implementation
• Maintenance & Support
• Mentoring Team Members
• Quality Assurance
Basic Qualifications :
• 3+ years of software design and implementation experience
• Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Candidate will be judged on ability to work effectively with project teams. The position requires constant communication with colleagues.
• Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
• Experience working on issues that impact design, product success, or address future concepts, products, or technologies.
• Disciplined approach to maintaining and enforcing engineering best practices
• Ability to synthesize robust and cost-effective technical solutions against customer requirements
• Committed to deliver on time according to requirements and business needs.
• Able and willing to effectively mentor junior team members and contribute to a collaborative team environment
Specific Skills Required
• Experience with Agile or Java based web applications
• Experience with iOS or Swift based mobile applications
• Experience with Android or Kotlin based mobile applications
• Experience with Sonar reporting for Unit test coverage
• Experience with Selenium automated web scripts
• Experience leveraging cutting edge methodologies
• Behavior driven development (BDD), Test driven development (TDD), Continuous Deployment and Continuous Performance testing
• Experience developing/implementing test automation frameworks like JBehaves, Selenium, Python, etc.
• Experience using Unit test frameworks like JUnit, EasyMock, etc.
• Extensive Object Oriented analysis, design and development experience
• Software modeling experience (UML, SDLC methodologies etc)
• Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
• Expert grasp of Computer Science concepts and how to apply them to problems (e.g. design patterns, measuring efficiency, etc…)
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practice in a multidisciplinary team
• Strong understanding of web delivery and network communication technologies including HTTP, SSL, SMTP, UDP, TCP/IP, RMI
• Experience with distributed computing
• Experience with Relational Databases.
• Experience in the travel industry a plus.
• Experience with documenting test cases scenarios / test plan.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience with Appium automated mobile scripts
Required Education :
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in field
Job ID: 539870BR
Job Posting Company: Disney Parks & Resorts