Travelers Lead Architect in Fredericton, New Brunswick
Who Are We?
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
What Is the Opportunity?
As a Lead Architect, you will help lead the effort to create the "north star" technology architecture for the Canadian Unit of a global, Dow 30 company. As a direct report to the AVP Canada Architecture, you will interface directly with senior technology leaders to transform our current business and technology capabilities and pave the way for best-in-class solutions. As the Architecture Lead, you will be accountable for driving the architecture vision and roadmap to modernize and optimizing customer engagements throughout the insurance lifecycle with a focus on both experience and efficiency. You will be a dedicated partner to senior Technology and Business leaders as you define a target state, roadmaps and identify new and emerging technologies that will transform and optimize the business through driving common platform approaches and solutions. As an organizational leader, you will humbly serve and inspire a team of high-performing Architects who you will coach, mentor, and empower.
As a successful candidate, you are a visionary architect with a track record of building high-quality enterprise solutions and teams. You are results-driven and bring strong Architecture and engineering skills and a deep understanding of modern architecture practices including APIs, Event-Driven Architecture, Cloud and Microservices. You are a person of high integrity, who believes in challenging the status quo when needed, while always first seeking to understand.
You will work within a community of architecture leaders, charged with establishing and evolving a unified architecture vision.
· Organizational responsibility for a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of a business unit
· Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
· Defines the vision for how our solutions are leveraged to deliver consistent business capabilities in light of changing market conditions and needs
· Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends as well as existing partner platforms to assess potential impact
· Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
· Actively seeks opportunities to modernize the architecture and retire legacy solutions, components, and technologies to simplify our technology landscape and reduce technical debt.
· Maintains a catalog of all solution architectures in the wiki, including solution options, decisions and use-case, component, and other architectural diagrams.
· Facilitates Architecture Design Reviews for solutions
· Ensures solutions are in alignment with Digital Enablement and Enterprise standards, best practices, and patterns.
· Presents architecture in the architecture briefings; solicits and incorporates feedback from peers and other technical stakeholders into architecture solution.
· Communicates the architecture direction to all relevant stakeholders with specific focus on the leadership teams.
· Influence stakeholders, including VP and C-level on architecture directions.
· Participates in and supports teams during PI planning activities.
· Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
· Accountable for an end-to-end strategic architecture roadmap including all relevant architecture dependencies with Enterprise
· Demonstrates a strong understanding of the business needs and influences the business strategy, vision, and direction.
· Works with the Senior leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
· Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
· Drives periodic reviews of solution health, usage, and direction to ensure long term viability
· Having a strong relationship with peers to help ensure visibility of overlaps and dependencies and to enable the appropriate long term/strategic plans to avoid duplication across products
· Strong enterprise/foundational perspective to enable high levels of reuse from the solutions to help support delivery speed and reduced cost of development.
· Considers and balances financial implications of solutions against business capabilities, solution options and desired architecture target state
· Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
· Drives continuous improvement for the efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture team
· Provide mentorship to architecture leaders.
· Drives upskilling, continuing education and certifications across architecture and engineering teams to ensure appropriate skill level and knowledge
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
5 years’ experience in enterprise, application, technology and/or information architecture required.
Preferred Education, Work Experience, and Knowledge
Provided mentorship to architecture leaders
Organizational and transformational Leadership Experiencein an agile operating model
Establishesstrategic technology direction and architecture vision for anorganization or business unit
Expert levelSoftware Engineering experience
Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
Proven track record of Influencing C-level leadership
Insurance technology experience
Strong grasp of value creation and businesscapability models
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
Must be passionate about technology transformations
Hashands on experience in the last 3 years
Executedtechnology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud nativeandAPI Strategy
Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators,DevSecOps
Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
Good understanding of security models, needs and approaches
Experiencedwith large scale technologyplatforms
Innovation and Continuous Improvement mindset
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.
- Travelers Jobs