Lockheed Martin Mechanical Design Engineer Senior Staff / Advanced Programs in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: This position is for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The candidate shall have advanced and thorough knowledge in door mechanisms, landing gear retraction systems, flight control systems, hydraulic or electro-mechanical actuators, bearing selection, and preliminary structural analysis with a broad knowledge of all related disciplines. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations, including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Develop, test, and validate aircraft mechanisms.
• Create 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
• Create system requirements, trade studies, sub-component and flight test plans.
• Coordinate with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Technical engineering support for manufacturing, installation and testing at Lockheed Martin, external supplier facilities and the customer’s operating locations.
• Plan and initiate their own work, lead teams, and mentor less experienced engineers.
• Function as prime technical contact, manage system performance, budget and schedule.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. Selected applicant must have a secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5 years.
Desired Skills: • Experience with CATIA V5
• Experience with metallic and composite design
• Experience with hand stress analysis for initial part layout
• Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
• Bachelor’s degree with 14 years of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a Master’s degree.
• Bachelor or above degree in an engineering discipline
• Experience in mechanical or mechanism design.
• Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo, Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
Selected applicant must have a secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5 years.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.