Federal Staffing Resources, LLC Physician Assistant (PA) in Fort Drum, New York
Federal Staffing Resources, LLC
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Fort Drum, NY, USA
Physician Assistant job in Fort Drum, New York.
Any U.S. state license honored!
The picturesque Thousand Island region of upstate New York is surrounded by the Great Lakes, Adirondack Mountains, and Canada. The Black River has Class III and IV white water rafting from the Spring to the Fall. The region is an outdoor adventure from hiking to skiing.
It is a wonderful opportunity to work in a fantastic medical system serving an inspiring patient population.
- Outpatient clinic
- Fantastic work-life balance
- Monday-Fridays days only
- Paid Time Off
- Paid federal holidays
- malpractice insurance provided
Physician Assistant Job Overview:
- Perform medical examinations and treatment in the specialty of Family Practice
- Provide comprehensive and continuing medical care for patients from Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65)
Initiate requests for laboratory tests and x-rays, as appropriate. Follow-up of abnormal reports is the responsibility of the ordering physician.
- Prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with GAHC and CTMC directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required.
- Initiate requests for tests and imaging as appropriate.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, and in accordance with the privileges, MTF rules, and regulations.
- Refer all requests for patient/MTF information that cannot be handled by clinic personnel to the Patient Administration Division.
- Perform a general physical examination
- Select the most appropriate diagnosis and treatment in cases of uncomplicated common illnesses and injuries.
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within the HCP's defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility
Physician Assistant Job Qualifications:
- 2 within 5 years experience in family medicine or primary care, preferably in an urgent care and/or family practice type setting with a focus on orthopedics
- NCCPA Certification
- CAHEA accreditation program
- PA License - valid, unrestricted. Any U.S. state.
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.