Cargill Production Technician in Eddyville, Iowa
This Full-time, position is in Eddyville, Iowa; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
This position has a 12-hour rotating shift
Operation Technicians are directly involved with processing corn, our raw material, into sweeteners and feed products and Ethanol. Technicians will work in teams of two to six individuals in one of the following areas: Mill, Feed, Refinery, Germ/Ethanol, Acidulants, Utilities, and Vitamin, and ECA.
In addition to these areas, the Operations Technician will have an opportunity to participate with others in many different specialty tasks and projects. A few examples might include participation on the Safety committee or quality improvement teams. The plant is a large manufacturing facility and technicians will be subject to performing tasks working under varying temperature extremes, some physical labor, dealing with heights, handling of chemicals, exposure to dust, some tasks that require use of a respirator, and working around a wide variety of continuous process equipment.
Monitor tank levels, product temperature and pressures including observing readings on computers and field instruments, documenting key readings and information, and making appropriate adjustments both manually and/or by computer.
Troubleshooting and maintenance of process equipment and instrumentation.
Sample product by physically taking samples and testing them in a lab using appropriate lab test equipment.
Perform sanitation as required.
Complete and coordinate safe permits work.
Assist in assuring efficiency of operation of equipment, quality of product, and safety of all personnel.
Other activities as required to meet objectives.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Ability to take action in solving problems and troubleshooting equipment.
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
• High School diploma or Equivalent.
• Basic use of a computer.
• Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
• Working knowledge of inventory systems.
• Prior experience in production related work.
• Knowledge of testing techniques, procedures and equipment.
• Strong knowledge in math, science and chemistry.
• Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs