Agiliti Health Clinical Engineering Supervisor - St. Louis MO in Earth City, Missouri
Job Purpose and Requirements
The primary role of a TSS is the maintenance of clinical equipment through the effective use of the program. Responsibilities include: equipment repair, equipment calibration, preventive maintenance, supervising and directing team personnel, planning and organizing work load, creating and maintaining open lines of communication, customer satisfaction and responsiveness, financial resourcefulness and personal and team development.
• Responsible for Resident operational requirements which include the daily assignment of tasks pertaining to equipment repair and support. Develop, monitor, and control budgets to assure the most cost-effective and efficient operation.
• Provide supervision for of other Biomed personnel. This includes employee motivation, hiring, discharge, discipline, promotion, performance evaluation, and salary adjustments.
• Provide technical training to other employees in areas such as: equipment operation and checkout, repairs, preventative maintenance, quality assurance practices, procedures, and documentation.
• Assist in the evaluation of new equipment as required and make recommendations pertaining to its electrical and functional conformance to standards.
• Evaluates equipment problems and implements appropriate repairs with minimum supervision, maintaining effective customer relations and customer protocol at all times.
• Participates in hazard identification and medical device reporting procedures to help ensure that the patient care environment is safe.
• Instructs customer personnel on safe equipment operation when necessary.
• Performs preventive maintenance and calibration on medical equipment.
• Maintains adequate files and parts inventory for assignments.
• Achieves productivity, customer satisfaction and other established performance measures.
• Spends a minimum of 50% of time performing supervisory work and the remaining balance of time on technical related work in a Resident Office.
• Participate, where appropriate in on-call rotation.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
• Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to the diagnostic, therapeutic, and monitoring characteristics of clinical equipment.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
• Familiarity with pertinent regulatory agencies and the policies, codes, standards, and regulations that applies to the clinical equipment in their area.
• Familiarity with the setup and application of all test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator etc.).
• Ability to identify skill development areas and takes the initiative to learn new processes and technologies.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical literature, schematics and technical.
• Understanding of Quality Indicators and works toward raising overall scores.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Time management and organizational skills.
• Willingness to be flexible in work scheduling in order to meet customer needs.
• A two-year Associate degree in Electronics or Biomedical Equipment Technology or an equivalent technical program. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Three - five years’ experience in the Biomedical Equipment field.
• Preferred Certification by the International Certification Commission as a Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET).
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws. In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti’s investigation of such reports. Affirmative Action Policy Statements (https://www.agilitihealth.com/wp-content/uploads/AAP-Statements.pdf)
You may be required to obtain certain vaccinations, or provide proof of current vaccination status, based on customer and/or company requirements. If vaccination is required, Agiliti will provide specific directions and cover the expense at a participating clinic. Please note, this includes the COVID-19 vaccination.
Agiliti offers a robust suite of benefits for regular, full-time, non-union employees including: health insurance options for Medical, Dental & Vision plans, Short- and Long-Term Disability plans, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Life Insurance Options, Paid Time Off, 401K Saving Plan with employer match, Employee Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Daily Pay program, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) and wellness programs.
Agiliti is an equal opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants consistent with state and federal law.
If you require assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Job Location:
St. Louis District
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Clinical Engineering Supervisor
Agiliti helps hospitals reclaim millions of dollars in wasted spending by connecting broken medical equipment processes. Our Equipment Value Management (EVM) framework connects previously siloed departments with highly agile and fully integrated equipment workflows. Our customers also deploy the individual elements of EVM — Clinical Engineering, Onsite Equipment Management and Rental Services — to ensure patient-ready equipment is in the right place at the right time. More than 7,000 hospitals and health systems rely on Agiliti to reduce costs and free their clinicians to spend more time caring for patients. Our nationwide network ensures quick response to customer needs throughout the U.S.
We believe every interaction has the power to change a life. Join Agiliti and help make a difference for health care providers and patients nationwide. For more information, please visit https://www.agilitihealth.com/careers/
The following link provides important notices regarding employment at Agiliti http://www.elaborposters.com/browse/agiliti .
If you need assistance completing your application, please email email@example.com .