Computer Consultants International, Inc Network Engineer 1 (Job ID: 558455) in Dimondale Hwy, United States
Network Engineer 1 (Job ID: 558455)
Dimondale Hwy, Dimondale, MI 48821, USA
Computer Consultants International, Inc. (CCI) is an IT Consulting Firm with more than 18 years experience providing effective, expert-level services in industries such as Construction, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, and Government. CCI focuses on building long-term relationships while completing projects from design to delivery. People are CCI's key component for success. Recruiting utmost-quality individuals for our clients, CCI fields a workforce of individuals who are selected not only because of their technical qualifications but also for their achievements as substantial, contributing human beings. In government work and in the commercial market, high standards of ethics and accountability are critical. Therefore our people are chosen for their integrity and ability to maintain relationships, as well as expertise in their field. To learn more about CCI, visit us online at www.cci-worldwide.com.
Years of Experience:
Considerable experience in designing, troubleshooting, and optimizing large IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks. Training in electronics or networking is required. Advanced technical experience in the design of IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks used for communications. Familiarity with FCC rules and regulations desirable. Advanced knowledge of complex communications systems; business management practices and principles is desirable. Bachelor of Science or greater in Engineering is required.
This position provides engineering support to the client, at the entry level to advanced level, in the planning, design, and maintenance of an IP/MPLS/Ethernet network supporting land mobile radio (LMR) and public safety communication traffic. This person will perform work with MPLS and other routed networks to include design, security/cyber security, evaluation and optimization, troubleshooting, provisioning of the equipment including routers and switches, and coordinating with field personnel. This person will use engineering skills to develop studies and tests, analyze data and produce reports to assist in quantifying the health of the network. This position may also require familiarity with alarm and control systems, trunked radio technology, RF test equipment, hardware/software configurations and upgrades, antennas, RF propagation, link and coverage analysis, voice and data standards, digital transport technology, traffic analysis, LANs/WANs, fiber optics, knowledge of FCC Parts 90 and 101 rules and regulations and the FCC licensing process. This position will be a primary resource for IP/MPLS/Ethernet network design and provides interpretation and explanation of various policies, procedures, rules, work methods, services, etc., at an entry level to advanced level.
• Design and analyze IP/MPLS/Ethernet network systems for new and existing systems using sound engineering skills.
• Research and monitor new networking technologies, proposing their implementation into the client’s systems as appropriate. Identify potential financial or functional impacts to the client to changes in technology and obsoletion of equipment.
• Develop studies and other methods to analyze and optimize network functionality and write procedures and standards to assure optimum utilization of the client’s networks ensuring a high level of service to the users.
• Develop tracking mechanisms and capture data from the staff or networking tools to track network trends/changes.
• Develop recommendations for changes that can positively impact network operation.
• Provide reports and/or white papers involving network configuration and analysis.
• Provide IP/MPLS/Ethernet network administration support for the client.
• Provide input into and act as project engineer for the planning, configuration, designing and updating of the client’s network infrastructure to meet the dynamics of the system, ensuring a high level of service. This includes necessary software updates, hardware configurations, and other related needs.
• Develop designs, standards, and procedures to assess and ensure network security.
• Act as project engineer on projects requiring engineering efforts related to job duties.
· Ability to design and manipulate new and existing IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks used for data and voice communications. Required - 2 Years
· Ability to design solutions and evaluate IP/MPLS/Ethernet networks for security and hardening. Required - 2 Years
· Ability to analyze and design communication systems and technologies including land mobile radio. Highly desired - 2 Years
· Familiarization of Part 90 and 101 FCC Rules and Regulations. Nice to have - 2 Years
· Network sniffer experience, firewall configuration, network security auditing, network troubleshooting. Highly desired - 1 Year
· Technical writing, communication skills, critical thinking. Required - 1 Year
· Possession of a bachelor of science degree in engineering. Required - 1 Year
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to career(at)cci-worldwide.com with
"558455-MI" as the subject line.