Mitie Fulltime Retail Security officer - £9.50/hr in Dartford, United Kingdom
Paying £9.50 Per Hour. This role would be ideal for a security professional who has a customer service orientated approach; looking to further their working experience within a retail environment. A confident and outgoing personality would be perfect for this role to ensure effective client interaction throughout the shift. The rota provides a good work life balance, with no starts earlier than 0700 and not finishing later than 2000; this is subject to seasonal changes - NO NIGHT SHIFTS.
• You will report into the site’s security operations manager.
• Acting as a visual deterrent spending approx. 60% of time on the shop floor – able to deter and when required safely detain offenders in accordance with H&S training
• Utilising the store security systems, CCTV, EAS gates, etc, to support the security activity.
• Working in liaison with covert security operatives.
• Investigating any losses, empty packaging, support enquiries regarding known offenders.
• Completing full and accurate incident reports and company documentation
• Reporting Crime incidents to Crime Centre on a company provided tablet.
• Completing routine patrols of the store to ensure customer safety and maintaining a strong security presence to all members of the public.
• Recording completed patrols in daily activity sheets in liaison with the store point of contact.
• Attending the store briefings to provide a security update.
• Conducting shift handover procedures at the start and end of each shift to ensure all matters of concern or note occurring during a shift are passed on for the purposes of service and incident management continuity.
• Maintaining a safe and secure environment for all.
• Unrestricted right to work full time in the UK for a minimum period of 12 months
• Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
• Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
• Have a five - year checkable employment history or be able to produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self- employment or full and part time education during that period
• Own transport
• Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
• Previous experience of working in a retail Security role
It’s the little things that count –
• Generous Staff Discount at 20% (subject to qualifying period)
• Free SIA license renewal
• Competitive holiday entitlement – 28 days annual leave
• A personal learning hub, that also provides access to Additional Training
• Full uniform
• A wide range of discounts with selected companies
• Overtime availability
• A supportive management support network
• Paid breaks