Hy-Vee Food Stores Seafood Service Assistant Meat Manager - Full Time in Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Job Title: Asst. Seafood Service/Meat Manager
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assists Department Manager to present the freshest most innovative and best quality products at a competitive retail price to customers.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Store Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations; Assistant Managers; Meat Manager; Assistant Meat Manager; Seafood Service Meat Manager
Direct Reports: Clerks
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by name whenever possible.
Assists customers by: (examples include)
· escorting them to the products they're looking for
· securing products that are out of reach
· loading or unloading heavy items
· making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
· performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders.
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
Ensures department standards are met.
Offers meal solutions, and gives advice on preparation to customers.
Assists department manager in writing ads and figuring department projections and actuals, merchandising products, and scheduling employees.
Prepares product for display and special orders, which includes cutting meat and seafood correctly.
Orders products, determines pricing, and controls inventory.
Reviews the status and appearance of product for freshness and pulls by stale date, rotates or replenishes.
Assists with determining specials and demonstrations.
Trains new employees.
Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
Handles and satisfies customer issues.
Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat, and maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Assumes management duties in absence of Department Manager.
Assists with inventory.
Assists in other areas of store as needed.
Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others. Maintains standards, coordinates activities, and allocates personnel.
Education and Experience
High school or equivalent education, and food safety. Over one year up to three years of similar or related work experience.
· Must be physically able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally; up to 20 pounds of force frequently; and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics
· Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
· Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
· Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and provide basic direction.
This position is exposed daily to dirt, noise, temperature extremes, dampness, vibrations, equipment movement hazards, cleaning chemicals/solvents, and electrical shock. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
Knives, slicers, steamers, pallet jack, scales, calculator, computer, phone, tenderizers, saw, grinder, computer, Telexon ordering unit, and C.A.R.S. reordering system.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has access to confidential information including pricing.
Has daily contact with customers, suppliers/vendors, and with the general public.