Federal Reserve Bank Senior Data and Policy Analyst- CPO in Cleveland, Ohio
Are you a policy professional passionate about studying and helping to set the future of cash? Then bring your economics, public policy, or operations research background to identify and address policy and operational challenges for the Federal Reserve System’s Cash Product Office! We have an exciting opportunity for you on our Data and Policy Analysis team.
About the Cash Product Office:
The Cash Product Office provides strategic leadership and supporting services to the Federal Reserve’s FedCash Services business line. Based in San Francisco, the Cash Product Office provides strategic direction to the operations of 28 Cash Services locations across the United States, each with its own staff, equipment, and vault, and that collectively handle approximately 33 billion pieces of United States currency each year.
About the Role:
To set its strategic direction and make sound business decisions, the CPO conducts qualitative and quantitative research on payment system trends and their relationship to cash. To support these efforts, depending on your knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience, your job will be to:
- Independently research a limited set of complex policy and operational issues
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing policies and operational models; identify emerging policy issues, and opportunities, as well as develop, provide analysis of, and recommend viable alternatives
- Prepare high-quality, well-written deliverables and present them to a range of audiences, including external stakeholders and senior Bank and System leaders; support the development of recommendations for action
- Lead project teams on tasks and goals; be responsible for the development and refinement of research questions, work plans, and analytical approaches with minimal direction
- Partner with application developers to maintain, improve and/or create data management systems
- Mentor and coach team analysts Examples may include: modeling cash trends; analyzing data for public analyses and engagements; providing project management for data collection and survey design efforts; participating in industry outreach efforts; and designing, conducting, and reporting on new analytical initiatives to address emerging business questions. You will have the opportunity to drive multiple initiatives, both as an individual contributor and in collaboration with other analysts in the CPO and across the Federal Reserve System.
- Build extensive knowledge of cash and payments policies
- Initiate and conduct original research to further business line knowledge; surface meaningful business trends through the application of quantitative and qualitative methods and serve as a thought leader for the team and CPO
- Employ critical thinking skills to formulate research questions and execute analytical projects as part of a research agenda
- Prepare high-quality products and present them to a range of audiences
- Lead and/or participate in efforts to improve business systems and processes, in conjunction with partners and management
- Serve as a resource to policy analysts or project team members in support of project or analytical tasks
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, public policy, finance, or a similar field, preferably with a focus in data science or analytics; master’s degree in public policy, economics, business, operations science/management, or a related field strongly preferred
- 4 years of professional experience, ideally related to public policy, economics, banking, finance, operations, or government
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills, with an ability to uncover obscure relationships which are not apparently related
- Expertise in SQL, Excel, and Microsoft Office suite applications; hands-on knowledge of statistical or mathematics applications and programming languages (e.g., SAS, Stata, R) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply quantitative and statistical approaches (e.g., regression analysis) as well as experience in using a variety of research methods and other analytical techniques
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; public speaking a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills; ability to work independently and lead members of a team in an environment with diverse sets of stakeholders
Effective behavioral proficiencies, including, but not limited to: o Leadership – contributes to the efforts and direction for advancing the team’s expectations, goals, and collective purpose; ability to influence positive outcomes o Collaboration – demonstrates a dedication to achieving team goals, in addition to individual priorities o Innovation – builds flexible approaches and proposes effective solutions for challenges and/or opportunities o Accountability – frequently reviews progress against milestones and proactively solicits feedback o Development – continuously identifies areas for self-improvement and demonstrates a curiosity to learn Physical Demands and General Working Conditions Traditional office environment: Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees will be required to travel by car/air.
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to sustaining an environment in which diversity is valued and differences are strengths. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information or sexual orientation./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Title: Senior Data and Policy Analyst- CPO
Requisition ID: 266032