Lowe's Lead Maintenance Technician in Charlotte, North Carolina
Lowe\'s Mooresville Maintenance team is responsible for primary maintenance of over two million square feet of Class A office space, warehouses, and airport hangers. In addition, Lowe\'s maintains an onsite chiller plant, water purification pond, helicopter pad, in-house television station and five multi parking structures all on 250+ acres of managed property. The individual will assist with the planning, safety, coordination, and execution of various projects that fall under the core functions of Facilities Maintenance. Projects will include but are not limited to: building repairs, HVAC repairs, appliance repairs, electrical repairs and installation, plumbing repairs, and coordinating fire alarm repairs.
The Lead Maintenance Technician will also be a point of contact on the fire alarm call escalation list for 24/7 coverage and on a rotational list for after hours maintenance support of the Lowe\'s Companies Mooresville campus, Aviation Center in Statesville and Planogram Facility in Troutman.
• Performs technical, specialized and advanced maintenance work and service on day-to-day problems on the building/facilities to ensure compliance with local laws, procedures and process specifications
• Diagnoses, plans, and repairs complex equipment with minimal guidance
• Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff; maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards
• Keeps MSDS sheets current and readily accessible
• Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants
• Must be aware of the condition of the physical property throughout the campus and immediately correct hazardous conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the campus, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.
• Maintains accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, service requests (received and completed), expenditures, and work-in-progress, etc.
• Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis, which includes all fire alarm/sprinkler systems and associated communication ports
• Indoctrinates and assists in development of all subordinate maintenance staff
• Instills a \"safety first\" attitude not only with maintenance technicians but with all staff members
• Resolve emergencies 24/7 related to the corporate campuses as they arise, including weather-related events
• Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by general employee population following standard preventive maintenance schedules
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to local and company standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting supervisors regarding potential concerns
• Maintains continuity between shifts by documenting maintenance actions and noting system or equipment irregularities requiring continued monitoring
• Leads the work of lower technicians as needed
• High school diploma or GED
• Experience working with contractors
• Must be available for on-call hours – evenings and weekends
• 10+ years’ experience in maintenance, construction, or related area
• Technical Certification in Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, and/or General Construction
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• 4 years’ experience in maintenance, construction or related area
• Licensed in Electrical, Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, and/or General Construction
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Lowe's Jobs