Honeywell Honeywell-Global Security Summer Internship in Charlotte, North Carolina
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell Global Security (HGS) is focused on integrating security into all aspects of our business to protect the people, processes, and assets by which Honeywell achieves its greater mission. Join a team that is focused on identifying and protecting the information, processes, formulas, techniques, methods, and know-how critical to Honeywell’s competitive capability.
The primary purpose of this role is to help Honeywell defend the organization’s cyber interests. Taking part in this role will provide you invaluable professional and intercultural skills that prepare you to excel academically and professionally in Honeywell’s increasingly globalized world. Positions for Summer 2023 vary between blue team and red team type work, and the candidate is encouraged to voice their preference in their submission either through their cover letter or resume.
Throughout your summer with HGS, you can expect:
· An Assigned Mentor, Dedicated to Your Success
· Presentations and Meeting Times with Honeywell Leadership
· Hands-On Experience and Challenging Summer Projects
· Final Performance Review and Presentation
If you are serious about gaining real world experience and launching a career in cyber security, an internship with the HGS Early Career Program will take you to where you want to be!
YOU MUST HAVE
You must meet eligibility requirements before the closing date of the announcement.
· Due to US Export Control Laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
· Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master's degree program in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, MIS / CIS, or a similar area of study
· Must graduate after December 2023
· Must continue enrollment in degree program upon completion of the internship
Skills that will aid your success in this internship:
· Basic Understanding of Key Cyber Security Principles
· Basic Experience with Cyber Security Tools (Wireshark, Penetration Testing Tools, etc.)
· Basic Understanding of Network Design
· Cloud Knowledge (Azure, AWS, MS Office 365, etc.)
· Automation Skills (Python, Shell, PowerShell, etc.)
· Strong self-starter with above average problem solving and communication skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs