Lowe's Director, Software Engineering- Store Shopping in Charlotte, North Carolina
Director, Software Engineering, Store Shopping: We are looking for a progressive leader and technologist to lead and drive the development and implementation of myredvest shopping and enterprise wide services. These solutions will empower associates to assist customers with all their shopping needs from appliances to configurable items. You will be part of the Lowe’s stores family which enables hundreds of thousands of our store associates to serve millions of customers in domestic and international markets. As part of this team you will build flexible, highly scalable, and maintainable solution designs to meet business needs and functional specifications.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the management of one complete product portfolio and provide oversight in support of that portfolio by leveraging partnerships with other technology teams (e.g., SRE, Cloud Engineering, Architecture, Solutions), Product Management stakeholders, vendors and business leaders. This includes responsibility for directing and overseeing engineering teams and all the work across an entire capability. This role works closely with product leaders and across enterprise teams in order to ensure the delivery and reliability of technology solutions and capabilities. This is a leader of people who clears obstacles for his/her team while empowering and enabling others to solve complex technical and business problems. To be successful, the individual in this role must bring a strong combination of business and technical acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and Technology.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or equivalent work experience in a related field
• 10 years of IT experience
• 6 years of experience in software engineering or related field
• Experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 5 years of experience leading global technology teams with direct report responsibility
• 2 years of experience working closely with senior leadership
• 3 years of experience in managing operational and/or financial budgets, including the managing of 3rd party vendors and/or software providers
-Experience in Java and Springboot applications
-Highly proficient in microservices, building high performing APIs and writing specs
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Lowe's Jobs