Atrium Health CMA/RMA - Atrium Health University Family Medicine FT in Charlotte, North Carolina
This position is Sign-on Bonus eligible. CMAs are eligible for a bonus of $7,500 for Full-Time positions, and a relocation bonus of $2,000. In addition to the sign-on bonus, new teammates at Atrium Health are eligible for robust benefits packages, paid time off, and opportunities for career advancement.
Assists physicians and advanced clinical practitioners with patient care, clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. May assist with administrative duties including scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding for insurance purposes. Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize the benefit from the practice service.
• Exemplify caring and compassionate customer service to create an excellent patient experience
• Provide exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and families in a wide variety of sensitive situations
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills and decisive judgment in an often-hectic environment and possess the ability to work cohesively on a team and independently
• Interview and record patients' medical information and measure their vital signs,
• Updates health maintenance at patient visit, accurately identifies medication changes and updates allergy information at each visit
• Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other Regulatory Agency standards
• Completes CLIA approved waived laboratory tests and practice-specific diagnostic testing in adherence to CLIA standards
• Conduct Point of Care testing (POCT) per standing order/provider order. Performs Quality Control and maintenance for Point of Care in-office lab procedures, as applicable
• Responsible for the development and implementation of a treatment plan.
• Lead lower-level staff by providing direction and training
• Collect, prepare and log blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens.
• Ensures ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are tracked and logged, and that the care team is presented with test results
• Function as an EMR super user
• Complete all annual in-service, education and/or training required to maintain professional standards
• Complete annual unit-based project
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school graduate or equivalent required. BLS required per policy guidelines.
Must maintain current certification.
Recognized/certified as a CMA or RMA by one of the following National Organizations:
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Health Career Association (NHA),
National Healthcare Worker's Association (NHCWA), National Center for Competency Testing
(NCCT), American Registry of Medical Assistants (ARMA) American Medical Technologists
(AMT), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP), National Registry of Medical
Candidate must possess the following:
A. Five (5) years of experience as CMA/RMA after certification date
B. Teammate can become a CMA II, without 5 years of experience, if they pass the
Specialty Certified Medical Assistant (SCMA) exam
C. Must be in good standing within department, with performance rating of meets/exceeds
expectations in their last performance review with no CFIP within six months.
Atrium Health is one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations, connecting patients with on-demand care, world-class specialists and the region’s largest primary care network. A recognized leader in healthcare delivery, quality and innovation, our foundation rests on providing clinically excellent and compassionate care.
We’ve been serving our community since 1940, when we opened our doors as Charlotte Memorial Hospital. Since then, our network has grown to include more than 40 hospitals and 900 care locations ranging from doctors’ offices to behavioral health centers to nursing homes.
Our focus: Delivering the highest quality patient care, supporting medical research and education, and joining with partners outside our walls to keep our community healthy.