Black & Veatch Senior Control System Cybersecurity Specialist in Charleston, West Virginia
Senior Control System Cybersecurity Specialist
Date: Nov 12, 2021
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 54880
Job Title : Senior Control System Cybersecurity Specialist
Location : USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-WATER-WATER AMERICAS
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Black & Veatch is seeking an engineer or technical specialist to lead Operational Technology (OT) cybersecurity consulting, planning and design services with a focus water and wastewater critical infrastructure. You will be faced with challenges from a cybersecurity and system resiliency perspective. The team performs planning, design and implementation of SCADA, process control, and industrial control systems that are in compliance with cybersecurity best practice and accepted standard frameworks. Additionally, the team is responsible for analyzing impacts and exposures based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. You will collaborate and work with individuals from various geographies and business units and be part of a larger Cybersecurity community of practice within Black & Veatch.
This gives you the flexibility to own and shape your career. We’ll provide the support and opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and experience you need to succeed. You’ll assist in building and diversifying a larger team to help deliver consulting, design and supporting OT services to internal and external clients.
• Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
• Contribute to the career development of others through engagement assignments
• Delegate work duties according to development opportunities and individual needs
Consulting and Planning Capabilities
• Facilitate client workshops to foster technical understanding and drive decisions
• Lead OT cybersecurity assessments and gap analysis against best practices and standards
• Recommend cybersecurity improvements aligned with risk management frameworks
• Develop cybersecurity policies, procedures and controls for W/WW utilities
• Collaborate with client IT and OT staff
• Serve as a subject matter expert and resource across sectors and project teams
• Lead OT network and system design aligned with cybersecurity and risk management frameworks
• Develop and review design documents including drawings and specifications
• Manage deliverables quality and budget
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
• Strong conceptual thinking — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into understandable models and examples
• Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the “big picture”
• Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or other related field.
• Professional Certification such as Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security Manager (CISM), or similar certifications.
Professional Engineering license in electrical, control systems or related field or ability to obtain PE Licensure within six months.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
MS Word / Excel / Visio skills for project documentation
Willingness to travel (25%)
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment, typical construction environment, extreme weather conditions, high noise level, safety hazards (electric currents, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals), atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, poor ventilation). Sitting, walking, talking, hearing, reading, writing, keyboarding, driving, filing, reaching, stooping, crouching, bending, standing for extended periods of time, lifting or carrying up to 40 pounds.
Builds effective teams
Drives vision and purpose
ENS: Eng & Technical Specialties
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs