KeyBank Senior Specialst in Buffalo, New York
726 Exchange Street - Buffalo, New York 14210
Under limited supervision, the Senior Specialist is primarily focused on execution of complex processing, operational and/or administrative work following defined and sometimes undefined procedures. The Senior Specialist is responsible for following established guidelines to identify and resolve problems, escalating issues as needed, and contributing to work flow or process change and redesign. Individuals in this position should form a strong understanding of the specific product or process they are working with.
This position is responsible for the preparation of loan documentation for commercial loan clients. The incumbent will participate as a team member dedicated to supporting the growth and servicing of the Specialty lines of business and providing the highest quality of customer service to internal and external clients.
Experience & Education
• 3+ years of experience with a strong knowledge of the business.
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required. College degree preferred
Skillsets Required at all Specialist Levels
• Works well with others in a fully developed team environment
• Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient in 10-Key, able to perform with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
• Proven ability to handle monetary/ processing functions independently
• Proven ability to handle high transaction volumes accurately and meet production goals
Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to make basic judgments and decisions.
Good understanding of loan documentation and regulations relating to loans, as well as knowledge/experience of the loan accounting systems, monetary processing and some system maintenance functions.
Proven strong customer service skills and work ethic.
Proven analytical skills.
Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment.
Expertise on accounting systems.
Advanced knowledge of commercial loan documentation.
Advanced knowledge of loan booking systems (commercial loan accounting system, as well as ancillary systems that provide support to commercial loans).
Knowledge of commercial/consumer credit policies, products and compliance regulations.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Fully embraces the high performing team concepts of empowerment, mutual success and accountability.
Completed Level II learning plan.
Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of legal rules.
Ability to perform and participate in process and product projects.
Essential Job Function
• This role covers a combination of staff within the areas of credit cards, retail banking, small business banking, consumer lending, mortgage banking, collections, recovery, origination, or auto finance and cover a broad range of responsibilities and duties
• With little to no instruction, administers complex procedures, analysis, tasks and reporting for filing, recording, processing, servicing, recording, and/or organization of documentation associated with a product or process
• Reviews and ensures proper documentation or procedures are used for complex activities and also checks the work of less experienced employees
• Identifies and resolves complex issues that do not have established guidelines. May provide service in relation complex billing inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints from customers
• Uses independence of thought to solve complex problems and should be seen as an expert by others.
• Recommends and implements programs to solve complex issues, contributes to work flow or process change and redesign, and forms a strong understanding of the specific product or process
• Accountable for complex reporting and analysis requests
• Organizes, records, process, services the production of various activities of the team.
• Is fully proficient in duties and works under limited to no supervision
• Seen as a subject matter expert across the line of business and delivers subject-matter expertise to customers and lower level employees.
• Other duties as assigned
Prepare loan document packages and ensures all documents are present to ensure Bank’s position.
Understand and translate complex loan preparation instructions.
Able to interpret and prepare documents for collateral associated with complex commercial loans.
Identify simple contradictions in documentation requests and seek resolution from RM and/or Credit Officer.
Facilitates simple validation of borrowing entity.
Ability to work in on-line, image enabled work queues to ensure timely processing of tasks.
Effective utilization of “dual monitor” environment.
Ability to work in and support virtual team environment.
Best practice sharing.
Accurate identification and indexing of task related documents.
Answer customer’s basic questions and inquiries.
Prioritize work for self and team.
Be committed to continuous improvement.
Effective use of on-line queues to ensure timely processing of tasks.
Research requests to a correct conclusion and effectively communicate the results.
Attend and participate in documentation classes.
Act as team champion to assist team members.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications
• Proven excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent judgement and decision making skills, demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong analytical, research and problem resolution skills
• Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and applications making connections and utilizing resources to draw conclusions, solve complex challenges
• Advanced knowledge of banking policies, procedures, government regulations
• Ability to perform complex scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance functions
• Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to handle most customer service inquires and diffuse difficult customer situations independently
• Trains and assists in training new staff
• Ability to work with limited to no supervision in decision making
Laser Pro Lending
Windows and MS Office Products (Word, Excel)
ALS Negotiable Collateral Database
KeyNet/Key for Business/Key Bulletins
Basic internet comprehension
Credit Write-Up Approval (CWA) on RMW platform
Small Business Underwriting (SBU)
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .