KeyBank Lead Specialist in Buffalo, New York
726 Exchange Street - Buffalo, New York 14210
Under some supervision, the Lead Specialist is primarily focused on execution of basic to moderate processing work following defined procedures with some expansion to complex issues based on development. The Lead Specialist is also responsible for moderate operational and/or administrative work requiring occasional decision-making and will escalate issues as needed.
Experience & Education
• 1+ years of experience in operations role
• High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required. College degree preferred
Skillsets Required at all Specialist Levels
• Works well with others in a fully developed team environment
• Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Proficient in 10-Key, able to perform with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
• Proven ability to handle monetary/ processing functions independently
• Proven ability to handle high transaction volumes accurately and meet production goals
Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to make basic judgments and decisions.
Good understanding of loan documentation and regulations relating to loans, as well as knowledge/experience of the loan accounting systems, monetary processing and some system maintenance functions.
Proven strong customer service skills and work ethic.
Proven analytical skills.
Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment.
Expertise on accounting systems.
Advanced knowledge of commercial loan documentation.
Advanced knowledge of loan booking systems (commercial loan accounting system, as well as ancillary systems that provide support to commercial loans).
Knowledge of commercial/consumer credit policies, products and compliance regulations.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Fully embraces the high performing team concepts of empowerment, mutual success and accountability.
Completed Level II learning plan.
Essential job function
Prepares loan document packages and ensures all documents are present to ensure Bank’s position.
Able to interpret and develop documents for collateral associated with complex commercial loans.
Identify simple contradictions in documentation requests and seek resolution from RM and/or Credit Officer.
Facilitates simple validation of borrowing entity.
Ability to work in on-line, image enabled work queues to ensure timely processing of tasks.
Effective utilization of “dual monitor” environment.
Ability to work in and support virtual team environment.
Best practice sharing.
Accurate identification and indexing of task related documents.
Answer customer’s basic questions and inquiries.
Prioritize work for self and team.
Be committed to continuous improvement.
Research requests to a correct conclusion and effectively communicate the results.
Attend and participate in document preperation classes.
Apply basic accounting principles.
Consult with internal client(s) and be able to apply discretionary judgment to accommodate documentation inquiries.
Act as team champion to assist team members.
• Proven strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Good judgement and decision making skills, basic leadership skills
• Ability to identify issues and demonstration of basic analytical, research and problem resolution skills
• Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and applications, utilizing resources to solve routine challenges
• Moderate knowledge of banking policies, procedures, government regulations
• Ability to perform moderate scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance functions
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle routine/occasional customer service inquiries independently
• May train or assist in training new staff
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in decision making
Laser Pro Lending
Windows and MS Office Products (Word, Excel)
ALS Negotiable Collateral Database
KeyNet/Key for Business/Key Bulletins
Basic internet comprehension
Credit Write-Up Approval (CWA) on RMW platform
Small Business Underwriting (SBU)
CRINT (Credit Interface with CWA and SBU)
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing HR_Compliance@keybank.com .