General Electric Sr Global Unified Communications Operations Engineer (Telepresence) in Budapest, Hungary
As a member of the Global Unified Communications team, the candidate will lead the effort to maintain GE’s world class video operations.
We are seeking for a motivated individual with good understanding of Cisco Telepresence and Video communication technologies to run, maintain and support GE’s Unified Communications environment.
You as a “Lifecycle Operations Engineer- UC Video” will be focused on the essential operations of GE’s UC infrastructure, providing world class service around the globe.
Key responsibilities include:
• Identify Telepresence / SkypeRoomSystem / Broadcast related issues
• Execute Troubleshooting steps and drive problem resolution
• Coordinate testing and system patching exercises
• Overseeing the global ticket queue, meeting KPIs and SLAs
• Handling priorities and escalations
• Provides technical leadership for team members
• Coach VIP support teams how to host numerous high importance meetings
• Identify reoccurring problems
• Identify business training needs and prepare approach to deliver the appropriate training.
• Collaborate with L2, L3 and build teams
• Drive engagement with the numerous external project teams and contributing groups, examples include network team, voice team, operations, internal billing, sourcing team
• Preparation and communication of accurate status reporting. Track progress of all contributing teams to ensure shortest resolution time.
• Establish issue tracking and reporting process, ensuring that issues are addressed in a timely manner. Overall ownership for issues management and closure.
• Ensure that key testing phases are well prepared and planned. Secure all necessary resources and facilities to ensure that the testing phases are successful.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Sciences, MIS, Engineering or similar discipline or equivalent
• Strong work-related experience.
• Working knowledge of Telepresence, Microsoft Skype for Business, SIP environment
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Budapest, Hungary;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Ability to build relationships and credibility
• Ability to influence and make recommendations to all levels
• Ability to work well in a dynamic fast paced team environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
• Define execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
• Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
• Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
• Strong knowledge of technical programs cycles and processes
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships; creates processes with customer viewpoint; partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: Hungary; Budapest