Honeywell European Regional Media Relations Leader in Bucharest, Romania
European Regional Media Relations Leader
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Honeywell Transportation Systems team!
Transportation Systems is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment.
With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Transportation Systems serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
As a testimony to its success, in 2018 Honeywell will be spinning off the Transportation Systems business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company.
Being a stand-alone company will provide Transportation Systems the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.
The European Regional Media Relations Manager will have responsibility to support the TS PR Director in developing and delivering external communication activities highlighting the company’s brand and reputation, its product portfolio and technology roadmaps, and spokespeople as subject matter experts.
The role will be based in Bucharest, Romania, and report to the Director of TS External Communications based in United States.
Role & Responsibility
- Works in partnership with the Director of TS External Communications to develop quarterly and yearly media relations activities promoting the company and product brand awareness, technology portfolio and road maps and related initiatives supporting growth initiatives within the automotive industry.
- Manages regional PR agency resources and assignments in association with company interests and objectives.
- Acts as the lead company contact for media inquiries within the region, and must be comfortable with role as corporate spokesperson.
- Is a proficient writer in AP Style English to draft and edit external company communications including press releases, presentations, correspondence, talking points, scripts and social media posts.
- Will lead or assist in generating reviews of communications materials with appropriate legal and business entities in adherence to company policies and procedures and brand guidelines.
- Will organize and lead the execution of day-to-day media interviews with appropriate subject matter experts within the company. Will also lead press conferences and other media engagements at trade events with agency resources and the input of the Director of TS External Communications.
- Will partner with the TS global PR team to provide media monitoring and metrics to measure communications effectiveness.
- Will develop appropriate third-party relationships with TS customers, media, vendors and suppliers to create effective communication opportunities.
- Will collaborate with global Communications function to help support Marketing, Internal and Corporate Communications efforts.
- Expresses a comfort for public speaking and communicating communications best practices to senior leaders.
- Can translate and extend traditional media relations and public relations activities to modern digital communication channels.
- Maintains budget oversight for key agency relationships and other key vendors.
Measure communications effectiveness
20 Manages regional PR agency resources and assignments
20 Acts as the lead company contact for media inquiries within the region
20 Organize and lead the execution of day-to-day media interviews
20 Partner with the TS global PR team to provide media monitoring and metrics
20 Maintains budget oversight for key agency relationships and other key vendors
YOU MUST HAVE
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field
- Experience Required: 10+ years in communications with experience in external communications including public relations or media relations
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with both internal and external audiences.
- Experience with AP Style writing standards and ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent project management and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build teamwork and trust.
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace change.
- 10-15% travel may be required.
- Experience working for an automotive OEM or Tier 1 automotive supplier, particularly in Europe.
- Existing automotive industry media contacts and relationships in Europe.
- Journalism experience or study with a key understanding of news operations and developing newsworthiness in communications.
- Cultural understanding of working across key European media markets and managing agency resources to account for multiple European languages and styles of operation.
- Positive attitude and creative vision to create opportunities from routine business operations.
- Expertise in event organization and print communication.
- Experience with social and digital media channels and related tools.
How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req152590
- Category: Communications
- Location: Bulevardul Dimitrie Pompeiu, Bucharest, B 020337 ROU
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.