National Grid Technical Product Director in Brooklyn, New York
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
IT and Digital works in a harmonised partnership with the National Grid group of diverse energy businesses to deliver technology which revolutionises the way we operate. As we lead the charge towards a carbon-free future, our teams are embracing disruptive changes in our industry by working with Agile methodologies and adopting Digital mindsets to drive efficiency and bring new capabilities for our internal and external customers.
Our work here is critical. National Grid moves energy to millions of homes and businesses in the UK and US and the technology we utilise to complete that task is down to us. The successful applicant for this position will be an integral contributor towards this goal and we will support your professional development as part of our multi-cultural, customer-centric global team.
National Grid is seeking a Director of Technical Product Management to lead the identification, implementation & management of Program Portfolio, TBM tooling and Executive Reporting within IT & Digital.
• Develop and manage the Tools and Executive Reporting Strategic Roadmap
• Initiate and manage key stakeholder engagement and prioritization.
• Monitor and manage performance ensuring tools and executive reports are fit for purpose, performing optimally and meeting customer needs.
• Perform analysis of reports leveraging data to inform decisions.
• Manage releases ensuring all elements of readiness including end user training are complete prior to deployment
• Support access and issue management as needed
The Technical Product Director will be responsible for the well-managed execution of prioritized experiences, orchestrating and supporting technical resources in efficient, impactful product delivery.
• Define and manage full lifecycle technical product delivery, inclusive of people, processes, and tools
• Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to support on-time delivery
• Lead articulation of requirements, objectives, and milestones for the teams you support
• Provide day-to-day activity oversight and quality assurance for tasks
• Facilitate sprint delivery performance and progress against increment commitments
• Guide management of IT financials including sanctioning, budget tracking, forecasting, and reconciliations
• Apply critical and creative thinking to delivery challenges, encouraging team collaboration to problem solve
• Identify and supervise vendors/external partners contributing to product delivery, including commercial negotiations
• Ensure National Grid technical delivery standards are met
• Facilitate decisions and unblock work across other National Grid teams contributing to digital experience development
• Support business product line director in defining the vision, roadmap, and performance framework for digital experiences
• Manage risks and develop effective mitigation approaches
• Define metrics to track impact and drive internal process improvements
• Provide timely and clear communication of planning, project status, issues, and risks to stakeholders
• Hire, manage, and mentor supporting staff
• Foster a one-team culture across functions, driving the values of ownership, collaboration, and empathy
• 8+ years technical product management experience
• 4+ years delivering in a cross-functional, multi-squad product model
• 4+ years people management
• 2+ years managing vendors/external partners to drive product delivery
• A strong understanding of agile development methodologies and the product development lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The capacity for self-motivation, independent initiative and creative problem-solving
• The ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines
Additional experience strongly preferred:
• Design thinking
• Conversational digital technology
• Data analytics
• Digital transformation
Candidates must be based or be open to relocating to MA, NY, NJ, NH, CT, RI, ME, VT or PA. For Candidates within these States, it’s a hybrid role i.e., occasional travel to our corporate hub.
$179,000 - $210,000 a year
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team