Aurora Flight Sciences Corporation Lead Facilities Technician in Bridgeport, West Virginia
Lead Facilities Technician
Apply Now (https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg01/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=AURORA&cws=37&rid=2981)
A Lead Facilities Technician will support the Facilities Supervisor with day to day activities and projects.
Part of the Enterprise Services division.
A Lead Facilities Technician will support the Facilities Supervisor with day to day activities and projects. Follows an established preventive maintenance program to repair and maintain plant, manufacturing equipment and office facilities. Develops and updates procedures for PM activities. Supports internal customers by responding to repair calls and resolving problems using appropriate equipment and procedures. Follows equipment specifications and evaluates product capabilities to meet customer requirements. Performs facilities construction and repair tasks such as painting, carpentry, sheet metal fabrication and drywall. Completes installations and repairs that may involve such skills as electrical, mechanical, HVAC and plumbing. Uses assorted tools and equipment to construct, renovate and maintain facilities and equipment. Supports others in the use of various types of office and maintenance equipment and tools. Complies with safety, building, security and environmental codes and regulations. Provide general support in response to routine trouble calls, demonstrate competent skill level in the repair and maintenance of plant and office facilities, use of power and hand tools to construct, renovate and repair facilities and equipment. This position is intended to support the first and/or second shift.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in Plant Maintenance and/or Equipment Maintenance.
• Supervisory experience required.
• Basic knowledge of building codes, regulations and safety procedures.
• Under general supervision, demonstrates increased skill level in construction to include rough-in and lay-out.
• Able to read basic blueprints and becomes familiar with building codes.
• Must have solid maintenance skills/knowledge and ability to learn new processes/equipment.
• Understand and apply Federal, State and Corporate regulations and standards regarding the environment, health and employee safety.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Visio).
• Ability to forecast and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and proven organizational skills.
• Experience with plant layout, building design, and Industrial Engineering.
• Must be highly motivated and a self-starter and able to work under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to travel to other Aurora locations when the need arises.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
An industrial maintenance apprentice program graduate, millwright experience a plus.
Would consider equivalent work experience versus a license for non-electrical applications.
Experience working with electronic machine shop equipment is preferred (CNC, Lathes, Routers, etc.).
Mechanical and Electrical systems knowledge and experience required.
Experience working with pneumatic and hydraulic systems a plus.
Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Must be able to climb ladders and perform overhead work.
• Must be able to lift/carry up to 35lbs, on occasion (with assistance).
• Must be able to work in harsh weather conditions.
• Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends if required.
Aurora Company Overview:
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.