Cargill Maintenance Coordinator in Brampton, Ontario
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Maintenance Coordinator will support maintenance work by ensuring availability of necessary spare parts for work execution to increase plant productivity and maximize reliability performance. In this role, all opportunities to improve processes, people knowledge, engagement and costs will be captured while complying with environmental health and safety and food safety quality and regulatory requirements.
• Receive goods and services into the different storage locations to ensure accurate stock levels and minimize purchase to pay non-conformance while keeping received materials segregated, returning defective and non-conforming goods to suppliers while maintaining a document trail.
• Ensure that inventory stock and safety stock values are accurate and systematically identify obsolete, potential consignment and overstock items.
• Schedule relevant inspection of goods to ensure compliance to technical specification and quality.
• Define the most appropriate inventory management process based on the demand for the asset or spare part to minimize working capital.
• Understand, lead, and monitor leading storage practices for parts, collaborating with suppliers to align with these leading practices to ensure inventory is stored to allow placement directly from inventory to functioning in the plant.
• Make purchase requests of stock items to maintain the determined inventory levels, partnering with local suppliers for vendor-controlled inventory.
• Initiate and track the procurement of stock parts required in standard job plans to ensure all items are available to enable work to be scheduled.
• Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
Two years experience with Maintenance in industrial OR manufacturing environment
Ability to work overtime and weekends according to business needs
Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
• Basic knowledge of maintenance and inventory management processes (CMMS)
• Experience with SAP for inventory management
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs