Ameriprise Financial Senior Compliance Manager, Asset Management in Boston, New York
The Senior Compliance Manager will be the primary point person for day-to-day compliance needs of the Institutional sale distribution team which includes sales, relationship management, contracts office, and RFP/DDQ. Candidate will also serve as additional compliance support for Intermediary distribution, marketing, and product.
Full-Time / Part-Time:
About Our Company:
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
- FINRA Series 7 & 24 preferred
Line of Business:
General Counsel's Organization
Senior Compliance Manager, Asset Management
Principal responsibilities will be to:
Serve as a subject matter expert on Investment Advisor/CFTC and Broker-Dealer rules and regulations and provide general compliance support to the Institutional and Intermediary sales and service businesses and related support partners, including Contract Office, RFP team, and certain aspects of Reporting,
Build and maintain relationships with business & GCO partners and foster/promote a culture of compliance and provide guidance to institutional and intermediary distribution relating to applicable rules and regulations.
Stay up to date on company initiatives and business partner goals to best support future growth and provide proactive guidance on communications.
Work to identify and continuously assess compliance risks and effectively communicate of those risks and suggestions for improvement to department leaders and business unit leaders, as applicable.
Assist with the private funds’ sales efforts
Stay up to date on regulatory (SEC, FINRA, CFTC/NFA and various important state specific legislature) and industry change and assist in the development of impact assessment and summary communication for applicable business partners.
Consult with appropriate Legal or Compliance SME when there are questions about the interpretation of regulations or internal policies to support consistency and manage risk.
Assist the GCO and business in any projects that may arise such as the SEC Marketing Rule, Can Spam Act, Regulations around responsible investing, BMO client onboarding for example.
Support day to day, activity, which includes preparation of domestic and international regulatory filings (including those relating to state and local “lobbying” activities), RFP/DDQ support and responding to requests relating to gifts and entertainment specific to government officials, union officials, and pension officials.
Draft and Update Compliance Policies and Procedures specifically with respect to the Custody Rule, the new SEC Marketing Rule, International sales, arrangements with promoters/solicitors and additional Institutional and Intermediary Sales matters.
Build strong relationships with several key individuals including the institutional relationship managers, sales staff, contracts office, legal, private fund, and the Wrap Administration team, the RPF Team, Lionstone Partners, and senior leadership
Boston, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, Minnesota, New York, New York
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 4-7 years of financial service industry experience, preferably in a compliance or legal function; management experience preferred
• Specific knowledge of FINRA and SEC and ERISA regulations and interpretations relating to broker-dealers and/or investment advisors
• Ability to manage time independently and effectively, prioritize work to meet multiple tight deadlines while paying strong attention to detail
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize complex topics/decisions in a concise manner
• Proactive and solutions-oriented approach
• Comfortable with public speaking and effective presentation skills
• Ability to Manage execution independently while demonstrating proactiveness
• Builds collaborative relationships at the same time can work autonomously
• Brings his or her authentic self to the role
• Negotiation, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively work with business partners and team members virtually and in person
• Being flexible and adaptable
• Proven ability to think fast, summarized complex thoughts, learn, and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
Job Family Group: