Centene Corporation Senior Information Technology Contract Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: The Senior IT Contract Specialist is responsible for the most complex IT agreements and negotiations such as large outsourcing agreements, large telecom contracts, and significant software licensing, hardware procurement, software as a service or cloud computing agreements. This position handles the management of vendors which includes addressing issues, negotiating changes to agreements (expansions or reductions in scope), and pursuing credits and settlements from non-performing vendors. The Senior IT Contract Specialist also provides coaching and mentoring to IT Contract Specialists and other team members.
• Renew or wind down existing agreements and update existing agreements following company procurement processes to ensure latest legal and procurement language is present to protect the corporation; Coordinates with the Legal department and serves as a subject matter expert to ensure agreements meet business goals and legal requirements.
• Working independently and in concert with Strategic Sourcing, negotiates new agreements of large size and complexity for IT services (hardware, software, software as a service, cloud/hosting, professional services, telecom and network services); Leads or participates with IT subject matter experts to evaluate RFI/Ps and to negotiate best terms and conditions using past experience, pricing guides, or competitive bid comparison; Uses network of developed IT vendor contacts to assist in obtaining most advantageous terms for IT products and services.
• Provide first line of contract interpretation to IT stakeholders and IT management and provides direction, options, and possible strategies for IT stakeholders to accomplish their goals given current IT agreement terms in place; Assists stakeholders in executing those strategies.
• Obtain competitive bids or quotes for services under existing agreements
• Review all Statements of Work, Work Orders, or other proposals from IT vendors to ensure charges and services conform to existing negotiated agreements; Rejects non-conforming proposals, and recovers credits and monies from vendors found not charging appropriately.
• Work in concert with IT Service Levels and Metrics team to identify performance issues with IT vendors and acts as first line of escalation and resolution of issues with non-performing IT vendors.
• Partner with Strategic Sourcing, Finance, and IT PMO to design new workflows or modifies existing workflows and procedures to improve procurement and contract management processes for IT agreements.
• Monitor IT procurement and IT vendor business trends and processes in the business environment; Brings new developments to management’s attention to help Centene take advantage of new opportunities, or take action to avoid IT contractual or vendor issues that could be detrimental to Centene
• Provide support to the Legal Department in activities relating to breach, non-conformance, or litigation involving Health Net IT agreements; Conducts research and gathers information necessary for Health Net to join and benefit from class action litigation and settlements against IT vendors.
• Follow Sourcing and Procurement policies and processes to renew or modify existing IT contracts in the department portfolio, including electronic requisition, PO issuance, and management of renewed contract files in the company contract management system.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Law, Business, or Supply Chain Management/Program Operations Management or related field. Master’s degree highly preferred. 8+ years related experience including management of sourcing events, contract negotiation and supplier management. Experience in sourcing, negotiations and contract administration for a very wide variety of IT products and services. Experience working with offsite and offshore suppliers is highly preferred.
License/Certification: Certified Procurement Manager or Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (or equivalent) highly preferred.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Senior Information Technology Contract Specialist
LOCATION: Various, Massachusetts
- Centene Corporation Jobs