Federal Reserve Bank Senior HR Business Partner in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior HR Business Partner
A Senior HR Business Partner provides strategic Human Resources (HR) consultation and customized solutions to the assigned business unit(s) by serving as a strategic partner to leaders, managers and employees, integrating HR strategy and providing guidance that adds value to the business. Collaborates with managers and employees to effectively deliver HR programs and resources to the assigned business unit(s) related to human capital strategies and initiatives such as change management, staffing, workforce and succession planning, performance feedback, and supporting managerial responsibilities to successfully manage in a matrix environment. Consults with Reserve Bank HR centers of expertise (CoEs - talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, HR technology and analytics) to ensure HR policies and procedures are well understood and utilized within the business unit(s). Supports the Bank’s culture and employee engagement efforts.
• Develops deep knowledge and understanding of the business and builds relationships within the assigned business units to ensure seamless delivery of HR services to the client.
• Contributes to the development of the overall people strategy for the client. Ensures alignment with broader FRBB people objectives.
• Provides dynamic HR solutions to the client using experience, data analyses, and organizational agility to guide decision making.
• Understands and uses FRBB people tools and policies in the areas of workforce planning, talent / organizational development and performance, succession planning, staffing, and change management to engage with clients effectively and ensure their appropriate use across the organization.
• Works closely with internal HR colleagues to ensure that tools and policies are aligned, enhance employee engagement, and ultimately improve performance.
• Collaborates closely with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure our talent management and employee engagement efforts support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
• Resolves complex employee relations issues and works with business unit management to address employee grievances.
• Liaises with Legal and Financial Planning & Analysis colleagues as necessary to manage human capital risks of the organization.
• In partnership with HR CoE colleagues, guides the implementation of HR initiatives and solutions for the assigned business unit(s).
• Coaches and builds the capability of senior managers to anticipate and pre-empt organizational issues.
• Participates in relevant projects, leading and championing (as appropriate).
• Keeps up to date with external trends and best practice in the areas of expertise and HR more broadly.
• Continuously drives improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practice.
• Builds relationships and form alliances with system-wide HR colleagues, external counterparts, communities of practice and stakeholders to scan for innovations and opportunities to improve.
• Understands and anticipates the need for change, diagnoses the underlying issues and builds the case for change with stakeholders. Builds frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and options to mitigate.
• Is an ambassador for the function and represent FRBB HR internally and externally (as appropriate).
• Completes other duties as assigned, such as participating in, leading and/or championing relevant special projects.
*Knowledge and Experience:*
• Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required. • Masters degree in Business or Human Resources preferred; advanced HR certificates preferred.
• Minimum ten years of HR experience with proven success in leadership or consulting roles.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies with the ability to manage and develop strategy.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the HR field and the link between HR and business strategy.
• Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
• Ability to identify and implement innovative ways to support the business strategy.
• Thorough understanding of HR strategy practices and programs.
• Basic understanding of HR-related federal and state laws and regulations.
• Relevant industry knowledge preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and leverage organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes including the ability to work through demanding situations and balance multiple priorities
• Demonstrated Leadership, Strategic thinking and Business focus.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required.
• Knowledge of Workday beneficial.
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service./
/All employees who are assigned to this position will be subject to credit, FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. Successful internal posting candidates will also be subject to credit re-screening before transferring.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: Senior HR Business Partner
Requisition ID: 266822