Federal Reserve Bank Manager - Financial Support Office in Boston, Massachusetts
*Manager - Financial Support Office*
1. Promote financial management best practices and provide leadership and support to implement them.
2. Assist in the development of strategic goals with manageable scope/timeline and measurable success outcomes. Manage and directly execute efforts to achieve them. Monitor and report FSO and System financial management performance against targets.
3. Provide consultative support to stakeholders on their high priority objectives as needed. Provide leadership on System work groups or the like, while fostering an environment that welcomes diverse perspectives.
4. Manage a professional staff. Set objectives and allocate work assignments. Assess performance and develop, coach, and upskill staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is required to directly supervise 1-3 employees.
Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge and experience typically acquired through 5 years of experience of increasing responsibility, including experience at the management level.
• Advanced knowledge of business process improvement methodologies and approaches
• Effective management skills, including the ability to hire and develop high potential professional staff.
• Strong leadership skills. A proven ability to lead diverse workgroups and projects with and without direct authority.
• Strong organizational, planning, and self-management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible as the picture changes.
• Independent thinking and decision-making ability.
• Interpersonal savvy to build rapport and relate well to all levels of staff and executives.
• Experience on geographically dispersed work teams.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with proven ability to present material to senior executives.
• Familiarity with the financial management industry (particularly financial planning and analysis) preferred
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service./
/All employees who are assigned to this position will be subject to credit, FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. Successful internal posting candidates will also be subject to credit re-screening before transferring. /
/The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: Manager - Financial Support Office
Requisition ID: 267556