Axis Lead Developer - Duck Creek Billing Product in Boston, Massachusetts
This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
At AXIS, we believe that we are only as strong as our people. We strive to create an inclusive and welcoming culture where employees of all backgrounds and from all walks of life feel comfortable and empowered to be themselves. This means that we bring our whole selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodation is available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
• Responsible for the development efforts for billing administration. Provide application development support for Duck Creek and AQS (Policy Decisions). Maintain and update documentation and artifacts for all supported systems.
• Provide application support and drive resolution of reported problems to customer satisfaction.
• 6+ years of experience in the PC insurance with very good understanding of underwriting, rating, insurance rules, forms, and preferably claims, billing.
• Collaborate and partner with vendors, creating a blended / unified team between internal development resources and external vendor resources.
• Acts as the lead developer for the team – defining best practices, defining standards, ensuring adherence to these, performing code reviews, participating in hands on coding, unit testing and debugging as required.
• Drives and conducts POCs as required.
• Partners with the delivery lead and delivery coordinator in a project/initiative to structure the work streams and plan for delivery of the solution. Includes estimating and assistance in work / activity assignment.
• Responsible for assuring solutions adhere and further the Enterprise Architectural standards and principles. Acts as a champion for reuse of assets in solution creation.
• Support implementation of solutions by analyzing current system environments and infrastructure, develop implementation plan and verification procedures, and ensure their execution to deliver successful installation of systems hardware/software.
• Engage when needed in maintenance and support activities being performed, as well as routine analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain and/or expand service level.
• Maintain system designs – application, technical, physical topologies.
• Develop and support code management practices and processes
• Analyze and tune application performance, supportability, and manageability.
▪ Liaise between technical and non-technical resource team members to answer day to day business questions either directly or indirectly as supported by the Business Leads and SMEs
▪ Expected to be available to work in the office as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
▪ Experience developing, and implementing complex integration business solutions and Packaged Insurance Products
▪ 3 - 6 years’ experience in P&C Insurance industry in a technology role preferred
▪ 3 - 6 years’ experience developing in industry standard programming languages (preferably Java/J2EE, .NET C)
▪ 3-6 years’ experience with database systems, SQL language and database design.
Other relevant experience in the technology and business domain they support:
▪ Experience with transactional portals / ecommerce
▪ J2EE, XML, XSLT and associated development / testing techniques
▪ Experience with Duck Creek Policy Administration integration preferred
▪ Experience working with vendors, system integrators, and/ or in a managed service environment.
▪ Experience working in a hybrid agile mode with knowledge of Kanban, Lean and Test-Driven environments
▪ Experience developing technical documentation including storyboarding, UML, sequence diagrams, component diagrams, information flows, use cases and presentations
▪ Dedicated and detail oriented
▪ Dedicated and conscientious team player
▪ Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently across the organization on a regular basis
▪ Excellent Analytical skills
▪ Ability to motivate, mentor, and grow resource skills within a team environment
For this position, we expect to offer a base salary in the range of USD 102,000 to USD 132,000 (New Jersey). The specific salary offer will be based on an assessment of a variety of factors including the experience of the successful candidate and their work location.
In addition, all employees are eligible for competitive incentive targets, with awards based on overall corporate and individual performance. On top of this, we offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.
Rewarding. Challenging. Meaningful.
We are shaping the direction of Insurance and Reinsurance during a critical and exciting time for the industry.
Whether you are a student approaching graduation or a seasoned professional looking for a new environment, AXIS has the right challenges and career opportunities for you. At AXIS, we value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining the right people is essential to the success of our company.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes medical plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and much more.