Ameriprise Financial Financial Advisor in Boston, Massachusetts
Are you looking to advance your career in a role with meaningful work? Do you want the stability of an industry-leading organization with entrepreneurial freedom to advance based on your personal results? As a Financial Advisor with Ameriprise, you'll help shape your clients' financial futures for each stage in their lives. It's a tremendous responsibility, but you won't go it alone. Thrive in a respectful, supportive environment that encourages you to perform at your peak!
We offer a competitive base salary plus uncapped monthly bonus opportunities and a full employee benefits package to support your wellbeing. You'll have access to extensive, in-person training taught by local leaders who will coach and develop you over three years to build a book of business and embark on a long-term career as an Ameriprise Financial advisor. We will provide tools and support to help you obtain your required licenses/credentials, and we’ll cover your licensing and training costs. We recognize your achievements and understand that work is one of the many important aspects in your life. While maintaining respect for that life balance, we help you advance your career and reach your goals.
Full-Time / Part-Time:
About Our Company:
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
• Four-year college degree, or equivalent
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to succeed in a goal-oriented environment.
• Willingness and desire to be part of a coaching relationship and peer learning environment.
• Proven track record of continued success in all industries and careers including, but not limited to: • Accountants • Attorneys • Bankers • CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals* • Community leaders • Consultants • Entrepreneurs • Fundraisers • Insurance agents • Military personnel • Professional athletes • Real estate agents and developers • Risk managers • Sales and marketing professionals • Teachers and educators
Line of Business:
Ameriprise Advisor Group
• Attend and engage in coaching and training led by the leadership team and established advisors.
• Generate client prospects by attending local tradeshows and events, hosting seminars, joining networking groups, utilizing online marketing venues, and asking for referrals.
• Develop and execute a marketing plan to attract and engage target audiences that will attract client prospects to build your practice.
• Schedule and conduct financial planning and advice meetings with clients and client prospects.
• Build deep, meaningful relationships with clients and develop a service model to provide solutions that support their financial goals.
• Achieve or exceed program standards; receive additional compensation opportunities and recognition tied to your results.
• Build a book of business as a stand-alone Ameriprise Financial advisor.
• If desired, explore teaming opportunities with seasoned financial advisors as you achieve program standards and advance in your training curriculum.
• Follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when serving clients and prospects and performing all work-related activities.
• 3+ years of work experience with a proven track record of success.
• Have a network of personal and professional contacts within the local area that you may engage for referrals.
• Showcase a background in building strong relationships and delivering superior client service.
• Cannot have been a financial advisor soliciting securities-based business or have a securities-based book of clients in the past 8-10 years.
• Legally authorized to work in the U.S. and does not now or in the future require sponsorship for visa status.
• Ability to obtain required licenses within 150 days of hire:
o FINRA Series 7 (Obtaining the Series 7 may include passing the Securities Industry Essentials exam plus the Series 7 top-off exam)
o State Securities (Series 63 or Series 66)
o State IAR (Series 65 or Series 66)
o State Life, Health Insurance and Variable Products lines
Job Family Group: