Federal Reserve Bank FedNow Release Mgr, Principal in Boston, Massachusetts
*Technical Operations (TechOps)
Release Management : Principal Release Manager *
As a Release Manager in the Release Management team of Technical Operations for the FedNow program, you will focus on coordinating various aspects of moving resources from development to our production environment. You will ensure that resources, timelines, and the quality of the process are considered and managed appropriately. You will represent the team while working with peer organizations at the bank and from suppliers. The Technical Operations (TechOps) department and has the overall responsibility for the design, management and execution of operations required to support the ongoing technical and delivery needs of the FedNow Program, as well as the transition to production support and operations. This team interfaces with internal stakeholders, customers for planning, delivery, and service management. It owns ongoing ITIL processes, and the implementation and driving of continuous improvement initiatives. You will work closely with Engineers and Architects of the FedNow program as well as internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is someone who loves working as part of a team delivering cloud-based products and services.
What Will Be Expected Of You
• Planning releases and the overall release lifecycle.
• Maintain a professional fact-based relationship with numerous external suppliers, internal peers, and stakeholders.
• Manage day-to-day activities and dependencies.
• Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
• Update our processes and design new processes as needed.
• Critical thinking and excellent written and verbal communications.
• Ability to multi-task and track several actions, deliverables, and dependencies daily.
• Understand technology problems, help identify solutions, and drive them to resolution.
• Contribute technically as appropriate; you will be comfortable getting hands on.
• Provides input into planning of release solutions and software development lifecycle changes within a product-centric delivery model.
• Demonstrates skill dexterity; seeking to continuously adapt and employ new technical skills as you work with different projects.
• Identify, communicate and manage issues and risks.
• Proactively identify hotspots that need attention and implement an appropriate response.
• Ensure compliance with Fed policies, procedures and standards.
Expertise you will bring
• Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language.
• Advanced written communication skills and an ability to track and present situational status.
• Extremely computer literate especially with MS Office Suite of products.
• Experience with engineering tools, processes, and best practices.
• Experience with agile based Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
• Experience with ITIL processes.
• Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets program’s objective.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent background or experience.
• 5 years managing product or service releases for an engineering or service delivery organization.
• Candidate must possess demonstrated experience with job duties outlined in this description.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated individual with the ability to prioritize and manage changing priorities.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Independent critical thinking and decision-making abilities
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as "green card holders") who are eligible for and seeking United States citizenship within the requisite timeframes.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. For this job, any offer of employment is contingent upon successfully passing a two-phase security screening. The first phase consists of the satisfactory completion of a physical examination (including a drug screening), reference checks, and a security investigation consisting of credit and criminal history checks. /
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: FedNow Release Mgr, Principal
Requisition ID: 267910