Federal Reserve Bank Engineer, Lead in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Summary: Lead Engineer – Solutions Engineering – Customer Projects
Network and Security Project Portfolio
Develops conceptual, logical, and physical IT engineering designs, that support the requirements of varying levels of technical and business applications and projects. Completes analysis of business requirements, as it relates to technical infrastructure design, and ensure traceability of the design to the business requirements. Assesses testing requirements and prepares testing strategies, as well as preparing implementation and transition plans. Experienced level position requires developing career in field and gaining knowledge of industry practices. Requires moderate level of experience and proficiency in field.
*Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Develop, document, and execute network and security design for the implementation of new security services and capabilities. Performs resolution of complex hardware, software, configuration issues and problems affecting application systems. Initiates and drives problem avoidance actions.
2) Prepares and implements detailed specifications from which release programs will be written. Analyzes and revises existing system logic and documentation as necessary. Configures, tests and deploys infrastructure releases, both hardware and software.
3) Recommends solutions to minimize and/or prevent system interruption. Assists in the roadmap and strategy development for the technology lifecycle in our hybrid environment.
4) Performs change and problem management using standard tools following enterprise change management policies and procedures for software/hardware propagation to other platforms and/or environments.
5) May directly lead moderately complex projects and participate on technical/complex projects. Provides project updates and prepares management reports as required.
6) Utilizes available tools for automation of manual processes.
7) Follows and ensures adherence to technical standards for programming and design techniques. Trains System technical staff on use of software /hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures. Contributes to development and revision of department standards and procedures.
8) Assists with monitoring compliance with internal audit requirements and Information Security Manual guidelines.
9)Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge: Progressive knowledge pertaining to concepts and principles in functional area. General knowledge of department/business lines, Reserve Banks, and / or System operations, policies, procedures, and technologies.
Communications: Strong interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
Risk Management: [The individual] is responsible for understanding and applying risk management discipline in decision making and contributing to his or her function’s risk management.
Decision Making: Works under direction with infrequent checks; follows established methods and clear-cut policy. Makes decisions when general instructions or established methods indicate action to be taken.
·Proficient with General Network Architecture Design and Risk Management Decision making and analysis.
·Proficient with Firewall/Networking technologies.
·Be able to configure, build, stage, and deploy Firewall policy and infrastructure as code.
·Proficient with Linux and Windows Server.
·Proficient in scripting languages such as Python, Ansible, Puppet.
·Knowledge of system security controls.
·Knowledge of networking fundamentals (routing, switching, VLANs, SPANs, TCP/IP protocols)
·Experience with TCP/IP packet analysis and networking protocols
·Provides management and executive level reports of progress status and changes
·Participates in cross-functional teams with various stakeholders on assignments under tight deadlines
·Collaborate closely with IT functions and business areas to develop and execute strategic plans in improving boundary security.
·Designs solutions for business areas that meet their operational requirements while maintaining the security posture of the System
Hours of Work: Sunday – Thursday Position
After hours and weekend work are required to perform tasks and maintenance that cannot be done during business hours. Occasional travel including overnight stays may be necessary. Subject to on-call as needed.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
CISSP, CCSP or other Security, Cloud and Information Technology Certifications strongly desired (ie – Sec , CCNP, CEH, AWS, Azure)
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: Engineer, Lead
Requisition ID: 267319