Federal Reserve Bank Director, Secure Payments in Boston, Massachusetts
Director, Secure Payments
The Federal Reserve Bank
The Director of Secure Payments will be a valued managerial member of the team dedicated to the advancement of payment security as outlined in the Federal Reserve System's Strategies for Improving the U.S. Payments System ("SIPS"). This individual will lead and/or participate in initiatives intended to reduce fraud and advance the safety and security of the payments system. The Director will be an integral part of a team of executives and analysts dedicated to delivering on the payments securities initiatives the Federal Reserve is leading.
• Lead Secure Payments projects to provide the payments industry and the Federal Reserve System with a forum for balanced, in-depth research and analysis of market trends, and issues affecting the payment systems, as they relate to fraud and safer payments
• Establishes relationships with business units and/or technology offices within financial institutions, trade associations, advocacy groups, and non-profits to foster dialogue on security related issues
• Analyze public and proprietary data to prepare external and internal presentations, position papers and briefings on trends, risks, and regulatory issues to reduce fraud risk and advance the safety and security of the U.S. payments system.
• Establish and maintain reporting structures, feedback loops, and accountabilities to effectively deliver results on secure payments team objectives.
• Collaborate with the Secure Payments leadership team and Program Management Office staff, to ensure security strategy and tactics are appropriately integrated with the other elements of the payments improvement initiative.
• Provide updates on progress, risks, and challenges to various Federal Reserve System governance groups, as directed.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Bachelor or Master`s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or technical training
• 7 years of related fraud policy/detection/prevention experience
• Knowledge of one or more modern payment systems and infrastructures, including: credit/debit processing, ACH, Wire, and faster payments
• Strong technical aptitude in systems that support the payments ecosystem and fraud detection, prevention, and mitigation as it relates to payments or online banking transactions.
• Working knowledge of security strategies including end-point security, encryption, identity management, and two-factor authentication
• Experience working and leading in a complex, geographically diverse, and matrixed organization
• Proven experience taking responsibility, delivering results, and implementing projects on time and budget
• Ability to leverage diverse viewpoints and disparate opinions in the pursuit of holistic sets of data and opinion
• Strong written communication skills: able to craft communication for a variety of stakeholders coupled with strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
• Demonstrated capacity for continuous development and strong leadership with demonstrated ability to challenge and influence others
• Ability to analyze complex information and arrive at sound/defensible conclusions, effectively manage/complete open-ended assignments and make solid business judgments
• Good organizational skills; sound business judgment; initiative; flexibility; and ability to work effectively with limited supervision in a fast-changing environment
• Champion of change; ability to effectively lead the implementation of new ideas and is comfortable with ambiguity
• Strong technical skills and aptitude; familiar with current and emerging technologies and trends within the evolving payments landscape
• Experience managing consulting/vendor engagements
• Strong people and program leadership skills
• Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Proven history of strong cooperation and compromise with key business partners
• Equally at ease within technical and business domains
• 10-20% travel
Our total rewards program offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
• Comprehensive healthcare options (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
• 401K match, and a fully funded pension plan
• Paid vacation and holidays; flexible work environment, healthy workflow
• Generously subsidized public transportation
• Annual tuition reimbursement
• Professional development programs, training and conferences
• And more…
/The Federal Reserve Bank is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years. All candidates must undergo an enhanced background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules./
/The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: Director, Secure Payments
Requisition ID: 268291