Children's Hospital Boston Animal Research Supervisor in Boston, Massachusetts
57998BRTitle:Animal Research SupervisorDepartment:Medicine-Hematology/OncologyAutoReqId:57998BRStatus:Full-TimeStandard Hours per Week:40 Job Category:ResearchJob Posting Description: At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Animal Research Supervisor will be responsible for:
• Oversee a team of technicians supporting complex NHP research
• Provide training and mentorship along with the Research Veterinarian to the team of lab technicians
• Oversee scheduling/coordinating and supply/medication inventories.
• Daily observation, research medication dosing
• Biological sampling (blood draws, bone marrow aspiration, CSF collection, and simple biopsies)
• Surgical and post-operative support, and maintaining tether systems
• Daily communication with the team regarding animal status and project progress
• Maintaining research and medical records
• Scheduling and coordinating with lab members as well as veterinary, husbandry and behavioral staff
• Inventory control, supply ordering
• Welfare and compliance monitoring
• Provide input on performance reviews
To qualify, you must have:
• High School Diploma; Associate Degree in Biological or animal sciences or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience supporting complex research animal models
• Minimum of two years of supervisory experience
• Experience with nonhuman primate models.
• American Association for Laboratory Animal Science Certification at the TATg level required
• CVT/RVT/LVT license preferred
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Office/Site Location:BostonRegular, Temporary, Per Diem:Regular