MetLife Business Risk and Control Consultant in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Business Risk and Control Consultant
Internal MetLife Title: Senior Operations Quality Analyst
Job Location: Virtual but must be commutable to one of the following MetLife offices: Tampa, FL; Oriskany, NY; West Des Moines, IA; Bloomfield, CT; Aurora, IL; Warwick, RI
This role is a team member of the Operational Controls and Reporting Team located in Tampa, which supports various RIS Operations Administrative team and partners with lines of defense to ensure risks are managed, sustainable control environment, compliance with regulatory and internal requirements, and acts as an audit liaison partner with internal and external audit partners.
• Work with the RIS Operations to ensure the implementation or enhancement of controls within their areas and mitigate applicable risks.
• Work with Internal/External Audit partners, RIS Operations and relevant business partners to remediate audit identified issues. Ensure issue identification, root cause analysis and resolution.
• Identifies any trends and work with the leadership team to analyze and apply corrective action.
• Provide control improvement and best practice recommendations to Operations.
• Act as audit and compliance liaison to coordinate requests from internal and external audit and compliance reviews.
• Track and manage audit/review deliverables, supporting documentation requests, walkthroughs and meetings.
• Assist with the review of policies, procedures, process flows, supporting documentations.
• Facilitates appropriate coordination, oversight and cascading of certain policy or regulatory considerations and execution within RIS Ops.
• Appropriately assess risk when business/operational decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding MetLife, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
• Perform certain risk and compliance tasks such as reporting of Reg 168, OFAC, FinCen 314a, Child Support Lien Network, and varies regulatory requirements.
• Monitor and track emerging regulations.
• Assist with special projects and reviews.
Qualification and Competencies
• Working knowledge of the financial services/retirement/insurance industry, RIS operational transactions and processes supported (preferred, not required)
• 4 years or more of work experience (internal/external audit, risk, compliance experience preferred)
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Risk Management, Internal Audit, or related field of study (preferred)
• Familiarity with execution of first line of defense review/ or operational risk testing and risk management principles
• Knowledge in testing, evaluating the adequacy of internal controls design and operating effectiveness
• Able to understand regulations and requirements; strong understanding of risks and controls
• Willingness to adapt and respond appropriately to demands, priorities and challenges
• Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem resolving skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; work independently; use good judgement
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, Visio, and Powerpoint
• Able to create presentations, use basic Excel formulas, create pivot tables, etc
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 126726
- MetLife Jobs