The LEGO Group Senior Quality Manager, Mechatronics in Billund, Denmark
Senior Quality Manager, Mechatronics
- Denmark, Billund, South Denmark
Job ID DK11161
- Engineering & Quality
Do you want to play your part to build new capabilities in Mechatronics Quality in the LEGO Group?
We are looking for a people leader with outstanding leadership skills and extensive experience with quality test, verification and validation and a background in electronics industry.
• Lead the team in a dynamic fast paced environment with a broad range of partners
• Drive innovation and collaborative approach while maintaining strong quality governance
• Establish data driven test & verification capabilities to be used for strategic evaluation of risk in LEGO Novelty product portfolio with specific attention to interactive toys
• Build enablers and establish new methods for e.g. verification by simulation, automated test benches and hybrid testing environments for toys with hardware, firmware and software integration.
• Govern LEGO play experience throughout the development chain of activities, through consistent use of data and quality knowledge for decision making and securing robustness and reliability of solutions.
• Consult and support designers and developers in various specific local tests and test setups needed to evaluate play value, design robustness, wear, reliability
• Constantly looking for new way of working
Play your part in our team succeeding
As a Senior Quality Manager for Quality Test Center, Mechatronics, you will be leading a team of test managers and test engineers who focus on verification and validation of electronic components/systems and connected products. You will be developing the team and portfolio of activities executing quality verification & validation plans with integration to SW, FW and HW. Also there will be close collaboration with leaders of Product & Technology Development teams, electronic specialists from QA, Product Safety, Compliance and Supplier Quality Management.
You will be responsible for safeguarding the play and learning experience in components, systems, and models by developing quality standards, test systems, tool chains & equipment, methods, testing and reporting quality performance of components and models in development in close collaboration with creative/play designers, technical leads and external design partners.
Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for someone with a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Design or Business Development related fields with experience within APQP, DFSS (Six Sigma) or DFX (Design For Excellence) and preferably also with project management.
• Few years of experience with
o People Management working with Test Managers and Engineers
o Capability development for building enablers for new, not yet seen, complex technologies and play scenarios (methods, installations, people)
o Advanced test management (From physical testing to early simulation, automated testing, integrated SW, FW, HW, based on data and advanced analytics)
o System Engineering and a background in electronic consumer goods industry
o Product Design & Development, from being partner in “design for testing” and requirement management in early stages
o External party test management, governing verification & validation in development stages
• Design & Development activities in electronics industry will be a huge advantage
• Experience from Quality management, Product Development and/or Technology development in multi-functional international work environment
• English at an advanced level
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
The LEGO Group
- The LEGO Group Jobs