CVS Health Operations Manager-CA in Berkeley, California
The Operations Manager is a member of the Store Management team, and as such, fulfills the company purpose of helping people on their path to better health by driving store execution and performance while building consumer loyalty to CVS/pharmacy through a focus on excellent customer service. Under the supervision of the Store Manager, the Operations Manager will maintain an engaged, productive store team through strong leadership, demonstrating initiative and leading by example.
The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in the total leadership and strategic operation of a CVS/pharmacy store including:
• Overall store management, supervision, and policy implementation
• Sales and inventory management
• Employee staffing, training, and development
• Financial management
• Customer service leadership
Unlike the Store Manager in Training position, the Operations Manager position is not part of the CVS/pharmacy Retail Management Development Program. Operations Managers are not eligible for direct promotion to Store Manager. Candidates with a short-term goal of becoming a CVS Store Manager should instead apply for Store Manager in Training openings.
• Lead others and work effectively with store crews
• Supervise, assign and direct activities of the store’s crew
• Effectively communicate information to store crew and supervisors in an open and timely manner
• Support Store Manager with actions plans for operational and service improvement
• Assist customers with their questions, problems and complaints
• Promote CVS customer service culture (greet, offer help, and thank)
• Required Qualifications
• Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
• Advanced communication skills, leadership, supervision, and influencing skill
• Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed, and to respond to urgent issues at the store when they arise
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some states and roles, you may be required to have an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience as a retail manager or supervisor
• High school diploma or equivalent required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs