Cargill Maintenance Technician-3rd shift in Barber, North Carolina
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well individual farmers. Our business has provided better nutrition for better lives for more than 120 years. By leading, innovating and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein, thrive.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Shift: 3rd Shift
Compensation: $22.50/hr + $1000 of Sign On bonus!
A Typical Work Day May Include:
• Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
• Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
• Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipe fitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
• Documenting completed work and the conditions found; utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
• Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
• Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
• Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Must be 18 years or older.
Experience with industrial maintenance, electrical and/or operations.
Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator.
Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
Must be able to read/write English.
Basic computer skills.
Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts with advance notice.
What Will Put You Ahead:
Experience performing maintenance trades such as electrical, mechanical, welding, pipe fitting, fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, hydraulic and pneumatic
High school diploma/GED or two-year equivalent work experience
Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs