PayPal Network Security Engineer2 in Bangalore, India
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
· A team player, that can multitask and manage assigned tasks to meet deadlines and objectives or our stakeholders
· Energetic and self-motivated person eager to work in a global organization
· Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced technical environment with increasing support demands and complexity
· 3-5 years of experience managing large enterprise distributed security environments
· Solid experience with engineering and deployment of firewalls in large scale environments. Experience with IDS/IPS and proxy platforms a plus.
· Ability to troubleshoot application outages and performance issues
· Sound understanding of routing and switching protocols along with Linux host system management
· Scripting experience is a plus
· Public cloud deployment or VPN experience a plus
· Strong client orientation and business interaction skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
· Ability to author and maintain technical documentation
· Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science, or related field
· Solid experience with Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls and associated management systems (Cisco CSM and Palo Panorama)
· Recommends, schedules, and performs network security enhancements and upgrades
· Creates and updates security documentation
· Configures, updates and manages enterprise firewall and network security appliances for mission-critical business applications
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PayPal Jobs