Newell Brands Supply Planning Analyst, Supply Chain Center of Excellence in Atlanta, Georgia
Position Title: Supply Planning Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Supply Planning & Inventory Management COE
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Supply Planning and Inventory management COE , you will be an excellent communicator and problem solver who has extensive experience of working in a SAP APO/SNP planning environment. The position will play an integral role in helping the company achieve its objectives by identifying and executing supply planning optimization projects in partnership with the Divisional Supply Chain teams. As an integral part of the End-to-end Planning COE, the role will be highly visible with impact across all Newell Divisions. You will also have exceptional analytical skills, the ability to derive insights from large data, and to manage change and continuously suggest business improvements.
• Execute supply chain planning projects in conjunction with Division supply chain teams
• Drive strategies, methodologies and best practices that ensure excellence in supply planning
• Work with cross divisional business partners to design and implement standard supply planning processes and procedures across businesses and regions, incorporating lean supply principles and best practices. Create a functional planning playbook with process definition, relevant examples, templates, etc.
• Use data visualization tools like Power BI to incorporate metrics and key KPIs and use storytelling to highlight key takeaways and action items across regions, brands, and channels
• Support with the data collection, insights, modeling and reporting processes to improve management and decision making. Provide analysis to determine how key KPIs are tracking to goals.
• Professionally challenge current and/or traditional ways of thinking and lead new ways/approaches.
• Document project deliverables, identify competency gaps, determine training required, followed by development and delivery of a global training curriculum
• Participate in cross functional projects across the business to effectively drive change in service, cost, and inventory
• Key supply chain areas include Inventory Utilization and Optimization, Distribution, Material management, Product Lifecycle Planning.
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations research, Business or related field or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in Supply chain or Operations management
• Established practitioner with a proven track record delivering results within the End-to End Supply Chain
• Exposure to Supply Chain systems including but not limited to SAP, Oracle, JDE, SAS, and Manugistics.
• 3+ plus years SNP • SAP - APO (Advance Planning and Optimization), APO Process knowledge • Experience with implementing at least 2 APO projects • APO - SNP (Supply Network Planning) experience
• Experience creating and developing functional specifications
• Strong business process knowledge of supply planning and inventory management and optimization in the distribution and manufacturing environment
Strong Character – ability to champion the right decision in difficult situations
• Advanced Excel skills (Look up & Reference Tables, Pivot Tables, financial and logical formulas skills essential)
• Intermediate level skills developing presentations in MS Powerpoint
• Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees
• Strong planning, communication & organizing skills
• Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy
• Strong analytical approach to problem solving and solution development
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
• Ability to effectively work in a team where other team members may be located remotely
• Ability to travel 40% to Division locations across the US and Internationally
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Rawlings, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, Waddington and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.